Teen Moving

J23D

Hi, i am a 15 year old boy who will be moving to Perth later on in the year. I was hoping that you could give me an insight into what life would be like for me in Perth as a teenager and the sort of things that are popular to do. Also i am apprehensive as to how people may see me in school and think 'another brit' or maybe this is just me being stupid. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Hi, i am a 15 year old boy who will be moving to Perth later on in the year. I was hoping that you could give me an insight into what life would be like for me in Perth as a teenager and the sort of things that are popular to do. Also i am apprehensive as to how people may see me in school and think 'another brit' or maybe this is just me being stupid. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Do you like sport and outdoor activities? Not a teen myself but my sons are 13 and 14, and I grew up in Perth as a teen.

Hi, yes I am keen on sport and hope to keep playing basketball and look forward to the change of lifestyle that I expect will be more outdoor orientated. What sort of stuff do your sons get up to at weekends friends? Thanks for the reply

Hi and welcome - do you know what area/school you might be living in? My children were younger when they moved but one of the things that helped my daughter pre move is I asked the school if there was anyone who would be willing to correspond with her prior to the move and this helped her as she felt she 'knew' a couple of people before the arrival.

My son plays soccer and trains twice a week, plays on Sunday and has passed his refereeing course and also referees junior soccer. His friends are into AFL and Basketball and he will often go and support his mates in their games. They don't hang out all the time - but they'll meet and play sport on the oval, go to hungry jacks, cinema - play station. He and some of his friends volunteered at the Neon fun run last year (organised by one of the mums). There are plenty of basketball teams too and Willetton School has a basketball programme.