Container coming tomorrow

Childs Family

Feels a bit surreal but SO exciting to be able to say our container is coming tomorrow! Removal guys will arrive at 7am to start packing followed by the container at midday. Spent all of today (as well as the past few weeks!) getting the house ready. Everything we own has been sorted into 4 categories - container, suitcase, charity or dump!

We've got less than 9 hours before the packers arrive and we're still sorting and decluttering but oddly both of us feel quite calm and enjoying a beer while we work!

We put stickers on kitchen cupboards .. if it had a sticker it was for packing, did the same with rooms , if it had a sticker everything was for packing. The packers work like Trojans - we left them too it and each time we popped back they were still busy - we left them with tea coffee and biscuits which they used but i'm sure they were eating and drinking on the go. took them 2 days to pack the house and half a day to load. The built special packing for my daughters dolls house.

It hit me when the house was empty - sat on the stairs and had a little cry because it didn't feel like home anymore.

Hope all goes well

Oh Ali I remember that bit more than any other. Cried buckets walking down the street to hand the keys over to the estate agent.... people must have thought I was a basket case!:wink: