A cheap and easy summer desert

verystormy

This is my mother in laws recipie and I made it yesterday and it was so easy and very nice, so I thought I would share.

Ingrediants

One pack of raspberry jelly (here it comes as a powder)

One can evaporated milk that is well chilled.

One can of black currents or raspberries in syrup

one lemon

directions

1. Strain the tin of fruit into a jug and top up the juice with water to make a pint. Put the fruit in the fridge for later.

2. Put the liquid in a pan, bring to a gentle boil and slowly add the jelly stirring till dissolved.

3. Put the jelly mix in the fridge (in the pan) and leave till it is just about to set - still a liquid, butting starting to get thick.

4. Pour the evap milk into a bowl and add a good squeeze of lemon and whisk to light soft peaks.

5. Strain the reserved tinned fruit through the sieve using a spoon to make a puree

6. Fold the milk and puree into the jelly (which should still be liquid) until well combined, but don't over stir as you want to keep the air in the cream.

7. Pour into a serving bowl(s)

8. Put in fridge for a couple of hours to set into a mouse.

Ear and enjoy.

Anyone else have have a nice summer desert recipee?

Sounds good VS.

For Xmas day I made a fruit pavlova thing.

The usual pavlova (4 egg whites, loads of sugar, corn flour, vinegar), made in a tall circle, then covered in fresh berries and a cherry sauce with mint leaves.

Was supposed to be like a Xmas wreath. Was about a foot in diameter.

IMG_3778.jpg

Edited by Bibbs

Mmmmm. Looks good.

We we do a pav at Christmas or new year. New year this time. It is one of my favourites. Most years we get the base wrong first time and it doesn't rise. I was very disappointed this year when we got it right first time as it meant no spare to make Eton mess :)

It was the 2nd I've ever made. The first was a week before to practice. This one I think had a little too much sugar in it, as you could see the caramalised 'cracks' in it.

Oh well.

Seemed to impress the family, so I had to play it nonchalant like it was no big deal (but inside I was whooping like an American, with joy)

This is my mother in laws recipie and I made it yesterday and it was so easy and very nice, so I thought I would share.

Ingrediants

One pack of raspberry jelly (here it comes as a powder)

One can evaporated milk that is well chilled.

One can of black currents or raspberries in syrup

one lemon

directions

1. Strain the tin of fruit into a jug and top up the juice with water to make a pint. Put the fruit in the fridge for later.

2. Put the liquid in a pan, bring to a gentle boil and slowly add the jelly stirring till dissolved.

3. Put the jelly mix in the fridge (in the pan) and leave till it is just about to set - still a liquid, butting starting to get thick.

4. Pour the evap milk into a bowl and add a good squeeze of lemon and whisk to light soft peaks.

5. Strain the reserved tinned fruit through the sieve using a spoon to make a puree

6. Fold the milk and puree into the jelly (which should still be liquid) until well combined, but don't over stir as you want to keep the air in the cream.

7. Pour into a serving bowl(s)

8. Put in fridge for a couple of hours to set into a mouse.

Ear and enjoy.

Anyone else have have a nice summer desert recipee?

Do you think you could make with proper cream. Nobody in my house would touch evaporated milk even if I paid them.

Do you think you could make with proper cream. Nobody in my house would touch evaporated milk even if I paid them.

Not sure, but they wouldn't know as you can't taste it. It comes out tasting very fruity with a slight tang from the lemon. In fact, if they eat a lot of deserts in restaurants I bet they already eat it without knowing as it is a common ingredient in things such as caramel sauce, toffee and many others.