Processing Time for Parental Contributory Visa 143

hawks

Hi All, Just wondering what the experience is applying for Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa. My parents applied and got acknowledgement of their application back in September. About 5 months so far. Just wondering how long others have taken from acknowledgement?

Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa

Thanks.

Hi All, Just wondering what the experience is applying for Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa. My parents applied and got acknowledgement of their application back in September. About 5 months so far. Just wondering how long others have taken from acknowledgement?

Thanks.

Hi, we applied and got our acknowledgement back on 30th May 2014, still waiting! Latest update says now processing 1st April 2014 applications. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought we would try our luck and ask for a HAP number, so we can at least get our medicals done, alas the following was our reply.b:swoon:

Message body

Sensitive:Personal

As there are delays in the processing of applications we are not providing any health letters (HAP ID), AoS letters or police certificate requests until the application is assessed. This will ensure that the applicants health and police clearances are current when the application is assessed.

Kind regards

Admin dh

Parent Visa Centre

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Telephone: 131 881

Email: parents@border.gov.au

• 2 weeks later...
We're looking into parent visas for my in laws but both have health issues. I'm aware it will cost around $100k for their visas but would they have to pay any/all of this ludicrous amount if they are refused due to health issues?

I think the visa fees are paid in instalments and the majority is not paid until the visa is about to be granted. I expect though that any payments up until then would not be reimbursed if the visa was refused, as is the case with other visa applications.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks.

One of the known parents in SL submitted their CPV 143 on 14 Aug 2014. CO appointed Nov 2016, Medical + Police clearence + AOS completed and now waiting for

second VAC calling.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

According to DIBP of AU it will take 33 to 34 months to grant visa

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 25 February 2016 at 8:28 AM, hawks said:

Thanks.

Stand by for a long wait... Our application was acknowledged end of April 2015.... still waiting. When we applied the wait was 12-24 months, since then its changed to 33-36 months. If you send an email to the immigration people ( just a blank email ,no content or subject field ) you will get an automatic reply pretty quickly stating the waiting time for various visas. We did this at the beginning of May and they were processing applicants from October 2014. We figure we should here something around November 2017.

Ray.