Moving to Perth.... Help...

Hi Everyone.... I'm moving to Perth in April from the UK ... Staying with friends in for a bit but will to looking to rent a furnished place then... ideally want to be near to the coast.. somewhere where there is a bit of life and community and transport links. Any help and ideas from all your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Rob :biggrin:

Fremantle would be the only place I can think of that would tick all your boxes. I live here - wouldn't live anywhere else in Perth. Lots going on - heaps of festivals/events/concerts - gorgeous beaches and lots of bars/restaurants. Perth CBD only a 20 min train ride away. Lots of community spirit in Freo also.

Edited by dxboz

Hi, we're still early on in the process but we have been looking south of perth close to the coast. Waikiki, rockingham, baldivis is a little further in and a little cheaper, and port kennedy to name a few! They all look so nice, can imagine finding it hard to choose. I can't wait till its our turn!! Happy hunting

Welcome to the forum freedom.

Firstly, you should be aware that there are few furnished rentals in Perth apart from the tourist self-contained accommodation available. The majority of rentals here are unfurnished.

There are plenty of brilliant places to live close to the coast, transport links etc, but it would probably depend on where you will be working as to where you would like to live.

Perhaps wait until you get here and just see what each area feels like to you as sometimes you can research on the internet and think you know what you will like, but when you get there and wander around, you realise it isn't for you.

Fremantle would be the only place I can think of that would tick all your boxes. I live here - wouldn't live anywhere else in Perth. Lots going on - heaps of festivals/events/concerts - gorgeous beaches and lots of bars/restaurants. Perth CBD only a 20 min train ride away. Lots of community spirit in Freo also.

Have to admit when Rossmoyne took me to Freo I fell in love.

Hi!

We moved out a couple of weeks ago. We love it!! I don't have a great deal of knowledge but what I do know is that's it's very difficult to find a furnished place. We've had to go for an unfurnished, but it's not so bad as Gumtree is amazing over here, you can get great stuff for so cheap.

Also, it's a rentals market at the moment, don't take the price that is advertised seriously, definitely offer less. We managed to knock off $30 a week off the asking price! There are so many empty houses at the moment they just want people to move in.

We're in East Victoria Park, it's an older suburb and has lots of bars and restaurants. I really like it here and it's only 20 mins on the bus to the city. Lots happening here. Unfortunately I can't recommend anywhere closer to the beach.

Good luck with the move :)

Hi!

We moved out a couple of weeks ago. We love it!! I don't have a great deal of knowledge but what I do know is that's it's very difficult to find a furnished place. We've had to go for an unfurnished, but it's not so bad as Gumtree is amazing over here, you can get great stuff for so cheap.

Also, it's a rentals market at the moment, don't take the price that is advertised seriously, definitely offer less. We managed to knock off $30 a week off the asking price! There are so many empty houses at the moment they just want people to move in.

We're in East Victoria Park, it's an older suburb and has lots of bars and restaurants. I really like it here and it's only 20 mins on the bus to the city. Lots happening here. Unfortunately I can't recommend anywhere closer to the beach.

Good luck with the move :)

That is brilliant news. Is haggling over rental price usual?

@jorw

I think it's pretty normal haggle at the moment with their being so many places empty. A couple of years ago you would have had to offer more!!

We booked a place through airbnb.com.au for 4 weeks while we found a place. We booked a granny flat, it had everything we needed while we got set up. You'll only really need realestate.com.au, it's a site that all estate agents use.

:)

That is brilliant news. Is haggling over rental price usual?

Yes it has been for a while.... firstly when the boom was on it was offering above the asking price to secure a property that 20 plus people might be looking at. Now the boom is over, agents are struggling to let properties, so yes make a below the line offer and see where that takes you.

Hi Rob

Have you seen our advert ? ( under accomodation available) - we run a fully furnished home in Currambine - about a 5 minute drive to the beach and very close to transport links...

We have set it up for families emigrating to Perth and have been running it for 4 years now

WE have vacancy from the 30th april...

check out our website

http://www.thebolt-hole.com

kind regards and good luck

Germaine

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob, I am sure you have found a place by now but if you haven't, would you be interested to live in East Perth in a furnished apartment until you can find something to your requirement? City is central to wherever you need to travel, not to mention all the other normal facilities close by. I might be able to help you out.

Edited by verystormy
As per forum rules

• 4 weeks later...

Wen we arrive we stayed in a rental for 4 weeks. They provided a car too and it was the best thing because we could go exploring and see where was close to work, beach, if we could afford what we wanted etc. also, a real bonus is meeting people in that time so we could get a feel of where we wanted to be with advise from people who live here.

best thing we ever did-