Shipping Companies

Shaw86

We have recently put our house on the market, so i thought it would be time to get some quotations for shipping our belongings from Manchester to Perth WA. I have had 3 companies in to do surveys and give us quote for their services.

Britannia Bradshaw - £2,016.00

Robinsons Relocation - £2,125.00

PSS - £1,780.00

All have quoted for approx 500 Sq Ft Shared container and all are quoting the same times approx 12 weeks to arrive. I can sort insurance out myself and get quotes separately.

Question is, has anyone got any experiences using any of these companies? I cant find many recent reviews on the site of these companies, so if anyone has used these in the last 12 months your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi, I've just had 3 quotes waiting on one more. They vary from £1,900 to £2,500. It's such a mind field as they all seem to offer various bits of stuff that others don't so really unsure what to do.

Where have you been looking for your own insurance?

My husband has been looking at his company shipping our stuff but that makes me feel a little anxious

As Ktee has put in the post above I have looked at letton Percival for insurance. There is also one called insure my move which has been pointed out to me but I haven't looked at their site yet.

The companies I have my quotes from are quoting approx 3.5% of value for insurance which then is subject to 9.5% for tax. PSS say their insurance is not subject to the tax but I'm sure they make up the cost somewhere.

Are your quotes also for a shared container?

• 3 weeks later...

Although it was over 25 years ago, we used Abels.... not sure if they are still around now, but they had the Royal Warrant at the time, and were actually the cheapest of all the quotes we had. Couldn't fault them at all, but their agents in Perth, Kent Removals, was a totally different situation and could never ever recommend them at all. Friends have used PSS and Crown were impressed. Hard call, so hope you are happy with your eventual decision.

• 2 weeks later...