Shipping cost quotes - UK to Perth

Pommie

Hi All

Finally hit the 20 week countdown yesterday (OMG)!!!

Could anyone let me know how much it cost them to ship a 20ft or a 40ft container from UK to Perth please ?? I am hoping a 20ft will be big enough, however we are a large family and if it was cost effective we could always buy more furniture in the UK and ship it across....

Many thanks

My 20ft container arrived a couple of weeks ago and cost just over £4k (sole use) with insurance. That was with PSS, plus a $480 customs fee. I have yet to put in my insurance claim......
Hi - Insurance claim !!! I assume you wouldn't use PSS again then ?? Did you get many quotes ??thanks

The £4k included insurance. A few things are broken/damaged, but I have nothing to compare this with!! And I don't intend on moving very far ever again.......it has taken so much effort to get here! Lets just say maybe my expectations were too high.....you pay a professional company to pack and ship your personal posessions, if they can't do that properly, maybe they are in the wrong job. I made a big point of putting a lot of wooden things in a box marked with a big 'W' and found this has been packed in a box marked 'China & Glass'. Unfortunately the small things damaged had not been itemised by me on my insurance list. If you value it, make sure you list it!

• 1 month later...

Hi All

We have had a number of removal companies come round to quote. For anyone else making the move, the price range was between GBP3,800 - GBP 4,800 for a 20ft container allowing for two pieces of furniture to be crated (for protection).... Thats moving from the East Midlands to Perth.