Northern Suburbs Making Friends

saveyard

Hi Guys,

I used to be a member on here back in 2012 when I first arrived,

I have been here 4 years, (Prior to this we are from Yorkshire) and to be honest have struggled to make many friends, as a few other members may have experienced some of the friends I have met have returned to the UK and at the moment bar a couple of work friends that's pretty much the only friends I have.

My Wife has more friends who she has met through mums groups and through her work at the Children's Hospital but we both feel that having some more friends would be beneficial to us both, whether it be going out on a night out, dinner or lunch etc.

We are both 34years old and have a Daughter of nearly 20months also a crazy dog to through into the mix! We live in Sinagra and very lucky to live in a beautiful house with a nice pool (come on weather come nice!!!), currently I am renovating the inside and out.

If anyone would like to suggest meeting up for a lunch sometime or if there's any groups getting together me and my wife would love to attend.

Take care all

Simon

Hi Guys,

I used to be a member on here back in 2012 when I first arrived,

I have been here 4 years, (Prior to this we are from Yorkshire) and to be honest have struggled to make many friends, as a few other members may have experienced some of the friends I have met have returned to the UK and at the moment bar a couple of work friends that's pretty much the only friends I have.

My Wife has more friends who she has met through mums groups and through her work at the Children's Hospital but we both feel that having some more friends would be beneficial to us both, whether it be going out on a night out, dinner or lunch etc.

We are both 34years old and have a Daughter of nearly 20months also a crazy dog to through into the mix! We live in Sinagra and very lucky to live in a beautiful house with a nice pool (come on weather come nice!!!), currently I am renovating the inside and out.

If anyone would like to suggest meeting up for a lunch sometime or if there's any groups getting together me and my wife would love to attend.

Take care all

Simon

Hi Simon,

We're similar to yourselves, funnily enough we live in Sinagra too! Don't have kids yet, but have 1st on the way!!! [emoji1348][emoji1348][emoji1348], we would be keen on a meet up with you guys! Send us a pm and let's sort something out soon.

Thanks

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi were a little older (I'm 37 & hubby 45) we are due to arrive in WA at the end of November and will be based around Tapping. We have 3 daughters (9,6 & 19mths) - it would be nice to meet up for lunch. It might be a good way to not only meet new adult friends but for our youngest to start making friends too!

Hi there! That would be great! Don't worry about age, its only a number! :) and I am sure we are all 21 inside our heads! :) I think its a terrific idea to meet my daughter with your 19 month old for sure. You will have to let us know when you arrive and if theres anything we can do to help you. have you been here before, family here etc? You can PM me if you don't want that public! :)

Hi were a little older (I'm 37 & hubby 45) we are due to arrive in WA at the end of November and will be based around Tapping. We have 3 daughters (9,6 & 19mths) - it would be nice to meet up for lunch. It might be a good way to not only meet new adult friends but for our youngest to start making friends too!

Hi there @ktg That would be great! Don't worry about age, its only a number! :) and I am sure we are all 21 inside our heads! :) I think its a terrific idea to meet my daughter with your 19 month old for sure. You will have to let us know when you arrive and if theres anything we can do to help you. have you been here before, family here etc? You can PM me if you don't want that public! :)

Hi there! That would be great! Don't worry about age, its only a number! :) and I am sure we are all 21 inside our heads! :) I think its a terrific idea to meet my daughter with your 19 month old for sure. You will have to let us know when you arrive and if theres anything we can do to help you. have you been here before, family here etc? You can PM me if you don't want that public! :)

Hi there!

We're moving to Perth in November this year and will be kean to tap in to any social circles! My wife and I (both 31), along with our two children (aged 2 and 1 month) will be looking to rent in Iluka.

Hi all, my family and I have just arrived and would love to come to a social gathering and meet people, we have two children 6 and 9 . We are in Jindalee, Same goes with us if anyone needs any help with anything please let us know!! Debbie and Sean

Edited by debra

Hi all, my family and I have just arrived and would love to come to a social gathering and meet people, we have two children 6 and 9 . We are in Jindalee, Same goes with us if anyone needs any help with anything please let us know!! Debbie and Sean

Hey welcome guys !!!

i love the Somerst accent ! So this is great ! hope alls well :o)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, myself and my husband Simon have just moved to Perth from Sydney (we arrived last Thursday). We're moving into a long term rental in Sorrento in a couple of weeks and are also really keen to start making some friends! We moved from Bristol to Sydney in 2012 but decided to make the move to WA as wanted a quieter and less expensive lifestyle for our little family. We are currently in a short term rental in North Perth. My job transferred from Sydney and I start back at work after maternity leave full time in a weeks time. My husband is going to be looking after our 9 month old boy Ted until he starts his job in Jan.

Happy to host a BBQ at ours once we are settled - can't wait to move in as we have a pool for the first time!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey,

We moved to Perth in November and have now moved in to a long term rental in Hillarys. Work sorted, house sorted, car sorted... Now we just need friends.

Husband and wife with 2 kids (aged 2, and 3 months).

Eager to meet people and establish a good social network for family and kids.

Anyone around?

Sheraz

We've been here just over 3 weeks and to be honest we're finding it very tough! Sorted schools for our older 2 girls (6&9), handed in my documents for teacher registration (although there aren't many jobs around), got cars, just put a deposit on a rental property but finding work, especially for my husband is prooving very difficult. He is really struggling with this as he always worked in the uk.

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Thanks

Kate

Thanks for support/encouragement.

My husband was a hgv driver in uk. Last week he was told he'd just need to do a quick question paper and short driving assessment costing about $100. However today after collecting the 5 items of id they required he was told he'd have to do a training course and assessment totalling $2000 (which we just can't spare at the moment).

Anyone close to Tapping who fancies a meet up during the hols (we have a 6, 9 and almost 2 year old) let me know?

K

Hi Ktg,

I cannot drive 3.5 Ton trucks unless I take a test, which I could in the UK, welcome to Perth, we have had the same types of conversation, everything costs...

I even thought of doing Uber for a while just to get some cash in, and guess what you need to have held an Australian drivers license for more than a year, but I have only just got mine, so that's out..

It's tough times in WA at the moment and the health service is on it's knees too, we thought the NHS was poor, hell no.

Tapping is like 15 mins away, we are in Burns Beach, I have a 30 month year old daughter who I look after, keep trying to find things to do, if you fancy a chat text me 0411 984 310.

TTFN

Raymond.

Hi KTG, not sure if my private message went phone is playing up! With regards to work, december ia the worst time of year for jobs, when i arrived in november 2012 there was 1 job i could apply for and was interviewed on 30th november and i was told i got the job after the new year. Its really not great time. My company plans its staff in december for advertising in january so hopefully things should improve! Raymond is correct with costs, nothing ia free However make sure you go to bulk billed GPs as these are free once you have your medicare cards etc. Once you are both in work and earning the aussie dollar then things settle down and you be good! We are sinagra and i have 21 month old and wife is a staff nurse at pmh so we are up for a meet up!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

We've been here just over 3 weeks and to be honest we're finding it very tough! Sorted schools for our older 2 girls (6&9), handed in my documents for teacher registration (although there aren't many jobs around), got cars, just put a deposit on a rental property but finding work, especially for my husband is prooving very difficult. He is really struggling with this as he always worked in the uk.

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Thanks

Kate

Three weeks isn't very long. Particularly at this time of year.

I have always recommended people budget for finding work for at least 3 months and preferably 6 and that was when times / economy was good.

As others have mentioned, December and January are notorious for companies not hiring as many people are on holiday including HR departments.

Hey guys...

Also keen to meet new people..... we have been here since end July.... It took my husband 2 months to find a job and his an Accountant.....You just have to keep applying and going through the painful process of interviews and rejections until you hit lucky... I was lucky to pick mine up in a month...Both our jobs are not our dream jobs...And we both found you have to downgrade your skills to gain the Aussie experience to climb back up the ladder again ( if that makes sense)....It's worth it for the Aussie lifestyle the kids and us are having so much fun...x