So many rentals in Clarkson?

alycat

Because it had a recent building and population boom, and now that Mining/O&G is over (for the time being), those people have left.

Meaning a lot of empty houses. The further from the city you are, the more empty houses there are. And Clarkson & Merriwa are a long way from the city.

Not many local jobs up there either. 25% unemplyment according to the TV the other night.

Ah I see. I thought I was missing something, like the neighborhood wasn't good hence all the rentals coming up. What's Clarkson like these days?

i remember about 10 years ago it wasn't so great.

Still isnt great, too many homes west, I rented there for 6 months while I built a house, good commuting links though and everything you need is either available in Clarkson or up the road in Joondalup

Is it a safe neighborhood for a young family? We are looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful but safe.

Any other suburbs NOR worth suggesting too?

Its as safe as any suburb,lots of brits and saffas, if you are serious try and find somewhere in the newer half, its called Catalina, some nice places for rent, you might pay slightly more but its worth it, or if you can afford it, look at Currambine, its a better suburb, not as many shops etc, but Joondalup is close by, there is also Kinross, which is between Clarkson & Currambine

All suburbs have good & bad areas within it. Butler is another cheaper area, there is a train station in Currambine, Butler & Butler which makes popping into the city a doddle.

We moved from Joondalup by Currambine station which was really handy, then to Kinross for a schooling and now we have bought in Quinns 10 min walk to beach and within all chosen schools. All lot here depends on age of your children and schools are they can be strict with catchment area in the public schools.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input everyone, I've taken to also looking at the crime stats on the wa police website and in the past 12 months Clarkson has had around 177 assaults& burglaries in the past year (suburbs below burns beach rd are around the 50 mark for both) so I think it might give it a miss!

curious to know what Quinn's rocks is like? @The Brownsx5 ?

Thanks for the input everyone, I've taken to also looking at the crime stats on the wa police website and in the past 12 months Clarkson has had around 177 assaults& burglaries in the past year (suburbs below burns beach rd are around the 50 mark for both) so I think it might give it a miss!

curious to know what Quinn's rocks is like? @The Brownsx5 ?

We are in what classed as old Quinns so nearer Mindarie and we are glad we bought here. There has been a few break ins (cars etc) but we haven't seen anything around us. We are close to beaches there's a dog beach as well, Shops, cafes, plenty of choice with doctors, dentists and schools two private ( good reps) and public schools. Freeway is getting closer so driving to the city will be even easier, sports club. There's Aldi, Coles & Woolworths a short drive away as well as a small shopping centre, close to Joondalup if you want to go bigger. There's is also a lot of Brits & Irish up this end.

Hope this helps, I tried to think of all the reasons we choose here as to the other two areas we started with.

When we first came over we were in Kewdale (close to city) holiday rental then looked SOR but decided to go NOR and just have gone slightly more North with each move, though I'm not sure if I'd go any further North but that's personal choice I prefer older houses as you get more land for your money.

We are in what classed as old Quinns so nearer Mindarie and we are glad we bought here. There has been a few break ins (cars etc) but we haven't seen anything around us. We are close to beaches there's a dog beach as well, Shops, cafes, plenty of choice with doctors, dentists and schools two private ( good reps) and public schools. Freeway is getting closer so driving to the city will be even easier, sports club. There's Aldi, Coles & Woolworths a short drive away as well as a small shopping centre, close to Joondalup if you want to go bigger. There's is also a lot of Brits & Irish up this end.

Hope this helps, I tried to think of all the reasons we choose here as to the other two areas we started with.

When we first came over we were in Kewdale (close to city) holiday rental then looked SOR but decided to go NOR and just have gone slightly more North with each move, though I'm not sure if I'd go any further North but that's personal choice I prefer older houses as you get more land for your money.

Try the Clarkson, mindarie, Quinns, Merriwa, Butler & Jindalee residents group

Honestly there is good places & bad in all suburbs.

From what I've seen the further north you go the newer the house. New houses are lovely here but a lot have a small garden though there are loads of parks with each suburb. The older houses normally have a bit more land to them.

I'd say if you children are close to school age then base your questions around schools as well, especially if going public.

So first question.... New or old

Budget.... this narrows it down, if it's too cheap there's normally a reason

Next ..... Schools

If you want to be close to public transport and so on.....

Lived quite happily in Clarkson or Clark vegas as we liked to call it, for over 8 years, still have friends there that are happy with the place, good & bad everywhere, I always say if you look for trouble, you will find it!! We have moved now, not because it was bad, just wanted a change of scenery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk