Irene

Irene

Hi thanks for replying. The visa is a contributory parental visa subclass 143. We are a retired couple and are concerned about medical costs / pensions / living costs etc... we are both fit and healthy, but are concerned about our later years. Thanks for any advice you guys can give.

Medical costs can be an issue.

It it is getting hard to find doctors that bulk bill - that means are free. Most now have a charge. We payed an average of $35 for a visit. Most people also need to have health insurance to some extent as although medical care is very good, it isn't as far reaching for free as the NHS. For example, ambulances are private and even a short routine trip is many hundreds and escalates from there.

There are many parents that have made the move. But it is important to ensure that it is the right thing for you. I would consider speaking to Alan who has posted above as he isn't just an agent but is very good with areas such as pension advice.

Hallo Irene and welcome to the forum.

We do have some forum members who are parents who migrated to on the 143 visa, and I hope they will come along soon to help you with information. Meanwhile, I agree with Verystormy and suggest that you contact Alan Collett as he is a very well respected and trusted Registered Migration Agent, and he will be able to give you advice.

Hope to see you on the forum again.

• 2 months later...