Vetassess Qualifications

Dan2479

Hello Everyone,

I'm after some advice. I have been granted my spouse visa and I'm looking to move to Perth in the next 4-6 months.

I'm looking at Vetassess to gain a Australian qualification. I'm currently working with diesel generators in the UAE.

Has anyone used them?. And is having a Australian qualification a big help on the job market or are my UK qualifications relevant in Oz.

Any advice would be a big help. Thanks

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.

I would suggest that gaining a position in Australia with any employer who does not understand overseas qualifications would be hard, so I consider it worth your while and expense to have your qualifications assessed as you will be issued with a certificate that shows what your quals equate to in Australia.

Congrats on receiving your spouse visa.... and good luck with your new life in Oz.

Hi Dan,

I used Vetassess to assess my Electrician qualification in the U.K. However this was for visa purposes, and you have already got that covered. They are a large outfit and from my experience everything went smoothly for my qualification assessment. What it would be worth checking is are you required to have a licence in the field you work in? Even though Vetassess approved my qualification for visa purposes i am still required to obtain my A class electrical licence before i can work as an electrician. Not much info but hope this helps, and good luck.