Baby BBQ and menu suggestions please!!!

Rossmoyne

I love BBQ'd food and for many years when all my family lived at home, so many of our meals - whether sausages or roasts, breakfasts etc - were cooked on the huge 4 burner BBQ. Over the past 18 months since I have been "home alone", I have not used the massive barbie as it just seemed silly to crank it up for one chop, steak, etc. So my offspring have bought me a Weber BabyQ, complete with stand and cover, and it is the most wonderful little gadget and I love it.

BUT...... after a month I am sick of just a chop or a steak or a bit of fish for dinner, so now I am looking for recipe, food, meal ideas that I can utilise for just me on my little "Q"...... so suggestions please!!!!!

Thanks VS...... salivating just thinking about that one.

Thanks Ali...... didn't even think to look on their website.

Thanks Elfie ... often make kebabs of different types.... did one with ham chunks off the bone and haloumi with cherry tomatoes and red onion .... now that was a bit yum!

Arwen............ watch this thread!

Thanks VS...... salivating just thinking about that one.

Thanks Ali...... didn't even think to look on their website.

Thanks Elfie ... often make kebabs of different types.... did one with ham chunks off the bone and haloumi with cherry tomatoes and red onion .... now that was a bit yum!

Arwen............ watch this thread!

Don't forget to tell us the new things you've tried out

Have a trip to the Boatshed market in Cottesloe. You will get loads of ideas. They have the best deli in WA, a fantastic butcher and fishmongers and a shopping area that has an amazing selection with many things not stocked anywhere else. It isn't cheap, but fantastic for a treat.

http://www.boatshedmarket.com.au

Thanks VS I had forgotten about that place. Next time I am over that side of Perth I will pop in.

I tried my first roast on the BabyQ on Saturday night. In a roasting pan I put chicken portions, thick slices of chorizo, quartered red onions, whole garlic cloves, potatoes.... these were all squashed in tightly so they touched each other. Drizzled over olive oil and then sprinkled chopped fresh oregano and rosemary. Half an hour under the hood and I added 6 halved Roma tomates and then cooked for another 40 mins. Served with brocolli and cauliflower au gratin. Absolutely delicious and the chicken fell off the bones. Dinner guest was impressed!

• 7 months later...

As it is becoming BBQ time again, I decided to resurrect this thread....  

My little "Q" has over-wintered under the cover and has emerged today ready for the first meal of spring "a la barbie".

I have a salmon steak, rubbed with Cajun seasoning, fresh asparagus, cherry tomatoes, sweet potato wedges.   All are being cooked on the solid hot plate that has a little butter melted on it.  

So help me keep my menu different by suggesting what I can cook on my "Q".