Good Luck to the children starting School in Aus

ali

Big week for some of you this week as the schools go back after a long summer holiday. For some of you, your children will be starting school for the first time here in Aus and i'm sure you'll be holding your breath hoping that they enjoyed their first day, settle quickly and make friends.

My own two little darlings (not so little anymore) both have big years coming up - with my daughter (21) in her final year of her masters at UWA and my son (17) starting year 12 ... so probably lot's of anxieties at our house for the next 12 months lol.

My daughter is still friends with the two girls she sat with on her first day at HS - their friendship stemmed from little more than there being a spare seat at their table in the first lesson and it was sit with boys or someone she didn't know, and my son got given a buddy on his first day of year 2 and they're still best mates.

Good luck xx

Thanks Ali, my 2 both start on Wed, a bit nervous but looking forward to making friends. Just hope I hold it together. Got uniforms and Stationary all ready, the youngest looks great in her school hat!

Lol .. I remember taking pics of the kids in their hats .. novelty

Well, both girls had a really good day, eldest (yr 9) seems to have met some girls she gets on well with and got introduced to their circle of friends so that sounds promising. Youngest (yr 6) got on well with the girl she sat next to in class, at recess and lunch she sat with some new friends and played basketball. She came home, said it was great and did her homework! Both are looking forward to going again tomorrow, so pleased it went well. Hope others had a good first day.

Well, both girls had a really good day, eldest (yr 9) seems to have met some girls she gets on well with and got introduced to their circle of friends so that sounds promising. Youngest (yr 6) got on well with the girl she sat next to in class, at recess and lunch she sat with some new friends and played basketball. She came home, said it was great and did her homework! Both are looking forward to going again tomorrow, so pleased it went well. Hope others had a good first day.

Glad to hear that it went well for them yesterday Jen. I came home and my boy was flat out - more from having to get up early after 3 months off (he was off for exams in from November) than a hard day I think.

I well remember that first day that my children had in 1991. It was term 4 and my son went into PrePrimary and my daughter into Year 3. They were excited about starting school and were happy to go off into their new classes.... I was the one who cried! They are both now in their 30's and still have friends from those days, as do I... Jut shows that we are all capable of adapting and taking on new things.