What's for dinner tonight?

verystormy

My mum use to always make rhubarb crumble and I loved it. I've never had it over here.

Today my son cooked a roast chicken dinner. He is only 15 (actually 16 very very soon) but absolutely loves cooking in fact if ever we need to punish him (Not often) we just say you can't cook tonight. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful caring young man.

My mum use to always make rhubarb crumble and I loved it. I've never had it over here.

Today my son cooked a roast chicken dinner. He is only 15 (actually 16 very very soon) but absolutely loves cooking in fact if ever we need to punish him (Not often) we just say you can't cook tonight. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful caring young man.

Maybe a career as a chef awaits! It is hard work, but, with many rewards. If he is interested in an apprenticeship when he leaves school, I am happy to see if my brother in law can help. He has a Michelin starred chef and unlike most in the game genuinely cares for his staff - jets them off to Peru regularly to do food tours and things.

I am on a roll with this cooking stuff every night..... tonight I am attempting a deconstructed Mousaka. Sounds posh I know, but it is actually using leftovers and there isn't enough to make much in a baking dish just for me, so I have made the meat ragout a la Jamie Oliver in his Comfort Food book, and I am panko/parmesan coating slices of eggplant/aubergine and frying them in olive oil. The eggplant will be served slightly on the side with the ragout on part, with crumbled feta over the top... with a greek salad on the side.

Maybe a career as a chef awaits! It is hard work, but, with many rewards. If he is interested in an apprenticeship when he leaves school, I am happy to see if my brother in law can help. He has a Michelin starred chef and unlike most in the game genuinely cares for his staff - jets them off to Peru regularly to do food tours and things.

That is lovely of you thank you so much. Although is your BIL in the U.K. As I don't know if I could part with my son yet lol.

Whenever I see him on food shows (I am a massive foodie) he comes across as a really nice man and his food looks amazing.

Whenever I see him on food shows (I am a massive foodie) he comes across as a really nice man and his food looks amazing.

He is the most down to earth person you could ever meet.

In in his previous career he was a well known dj and I remember us having a party in which a friend of a friend who is a bit of a prat heard he was a dj and tried to give him lots of advice on getting gigs at local birthday parties and things. Martin just accepted it all and thanked him. It was funny when I later pointed out that this is Martin Morales who has just headlined party in the park New York for one million people. But, Martin would never have mentioned it.

He is the most down to earth person you could ever meet.

In in his previous career he was a well known dj and I remember us having a party in which a friend of a friend who is a bit of a prat heard he was a dj and tried to give him lots of advice on getting gigs at local birthday parties and things. Martin just accepted it all and thanked him. It was funny when I later pointed out that this is Martin Morales who has just headlined party in the park New York for one million people. But, Martin would never have mentioned it.

His restaurant is on my list of places to go if I ever manage to afford a trip back to the UK. Glad to hear he is as nice as his celebrity persona suggests.

• 5 months later...

Thought I would resurrect this old thread as there were some yummy meals posted previously and I am looking for inspiration.  

Today I got the slow cooker out and am doing a pot roast beef with leeks and sweet potato, served with steamed brocolli and green beans, and cauli mash.

So what are you having for dinner tonight?????

• Like 1