Perks of the job

verystormy

Beautiful photo - beautiful place. I know it is cold there at the moment but vistas like this more than make up for the cold. I am now homesick! Are you based in Scotland now VS?

Yep, we live in a tiny conservation village south of Glasgow - looks a bit like a Cotswold village. But, I often work for a few weeks at a time in different parts of the Highlands. My wife and dog come with me, as work allow me to arrange my own accommodation and so generally hire a cottage for the duration. They get a little holiday. Though also have to just go up to a place for the day to obtain data from ground installations and that's what I was doing yesterday, do they came along and had a day out.

The weather actually hasn't been bad. Just after this pic was taken, she took her coat off as it was too warm. The snow on the mountains is a remnant of a few weeks ago when I was there for a while and we had one week of -4 and blizzards and we were all worried we might not get back as we were listening to radio and the news was snow gates were being closed one by one.

It is stunning up in the mountains. I adore the dive over the Glencoe pass