Moving after GCSES

juliamj1

Hi, has anyone moved to Perth after their child has sat GCSES? We are looking to move in August this year. My daughter will have sat her GCSEs.

I have been told that the school we choose will apply for Year 11 credit based on her GCSE results.

Has anyone had experience of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not heard of it before but if the school can apply for credits then they must be able to. Normally, many would suggest trying to start year 11 and it's a two year course, year 12 is very short as they finish round about October for exams (if they're doing ATAR).

Which school have you spoken to - or who has told you they'll apply for credits.

Hi, has anyone moved to Perth after their child has sat GCSES? We are looking to move in August this year. My daughter will have sat her GCSEs.

I have been told that the school we choose will apply for Year 11 credit based on her GCSE results.

Has anyone had experience of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This must be something new as I have never heard of it before in the government sector, unless you are applying for a position in a private school maybe.

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter is meant to be taking hers next year. We were going to wait until next July until we move! But after speaking to the school we'd like her to attend, we were told GCSES don't can't for much is anything and it would be more important that she arrived for the start of year 11 end of January!

My daughter is meant to be taking hers next year. We were going to wait until next July until we move! But after speaking to the school we'd like her to attend, we were told GCSES don't can't for much is anything and it would be more important that she arrived for the start of year 11 end of January!

That's always been my understanding - I know A levels are transferable as I know of a family whose daughter stayed in UK to complete A levels and then got accepted in Uni here

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dan, apologies for the delay, I haven't been on for a while.

We are looking at Duncraig SHS, St Marks & did look at Carine SHS (not going there now) all 3 schools have said they will apply for credit for my daughters GCSE results.

When are you looking at moving? We have previously lived in Perth so have experience of the schools we are considering. Its not the ideal time for our eldest daughter but a job opportunity for my husband has arisen that we don't feel we can pass up!!