Dog transportation

Cornishpoms13

We are in the process of using PetAir. All good so far. I went for the Gold package as we will have left the country before our dog can because the 180 day rule (after rabies blood test) so need him collecting from where he will be staying & checking in. Also the gold includes all the paperwork that needs doing.

When I visited our vet for the blood test last week he was happy we are using them.

I still feel very nervous about our dog being in a crate for so long...poor thing!!

We are in the process of using PetAir. All good so far. I went for the Gold package as we will have left the country before our dog can because the 180 day rule (after rabies blood test) so need him collecting from where he will be staying & checking in. Also the gold includes all the paperwork that needs doing.

When I visited our vet for the blood test last week he was happy we are using them.

I still feel very nervous about our dog being in a crate for so long...poor thing!!

They do try to minimize it. They are loaded on to the aircraft last and taken off first - they are off before passengers. Also, depending on where they change planes they get exercised. Ours went through Dubai and had 4 hours to stretch his legs in Dubai

Totally get your concern for your woofer being in a crate for so long.... but Petair have such a brilliant reputation and the forum owner uses them... so that tells me a lot. I hope it goes well for your furbaby.

Petair (Bob and his team) are absolutely fantastic. I would trust him with my human babies never mind my fur babies. I knew Bob from the veterinary world by name before we even took over the forums. He is definitely the best in the industry plus you have the reassurance of qualified vets looking after your babies. You will find that we stress more than they do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I've just recieved a quote from Petair to transport my dog from UK to Melbourne, and was interested to find out if you received any information about getting pooch to Perth as this is also our final destination.

Any advice on your situation would be much appreciated.

:)

I'm also interested in finding out how soon I would need to start the process?

Are visa's (457) are still processing, however we have been assured by our migration agent that we should have these back by end of June. Hubby is due to start his new job in Perth 1st August so time is pressing. However, until we have our visa's I am not prepared to start pooch's processand the clock is ticking on everything!!

You need to start it now! You are already pushing it timing wise! Yes there is a risk, but, this isn't something that can be left until last minute.

There is a fair bit of processing and don't forget the pooch will need to go to quarantine and Perth doesn't have one, so he / she will have to go to Melbourne or Sydney, do their quarantine and be transported back west.

Give Pet Air a call, Bob is the MD and is a regular member of the forum and they are the only pet shipping company ran by vets.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi peeches,

We have just been looking into all the pet transfer requirements and getting prices. We were advised by Pet Air it's 1800 AUD for quarantine and have just been quoted just over £600 to fly our dog to Perth. All the info we have had from Pet air has been good and best prices compared with Airpets and Jet Pets.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk