Skilled Migration WA have removed WASMOL and 187 until further advice from new GOVT

As suspected, the WASMOL and 187 RCB application form have both been removed from Skilled Migration WA's website. I have just called them and been advised that everything is currently on hold and the WASMOL will be re-evaluated. What we dont know is what will happen to the RCB's already applied for and in the system? Will they refund, refuse or process? Watch this space!!!!

As suspected, the WASMOL and 187 RCB application form have both been removed from Skilled Migration WA's website. I have just called them and been advised that everything is currently on hold and the WASMOL will be re-evaluated. What we dont know is what will happen to the RCB's already applied for and in the system? Will they refund, refuse or process? Watch this space!!!!

Camilla,

Do you think they will remove WA from the programme altogether and just have SOL - or reintroduce a shortened list?

Hi Ali, I think the RSMS 187 will be removed completely as that is what Mark McGowan said in his campaign, that he would remove it immediately and he has got Skilled Migration WA to remove the application form already! At least he is an MP who is doing what he said!!! Quite unusual in this country and the Roe 8 construction was halted today!

Very concerned about any 187 RCB applications that were lodged prior to 11th March, I am hoping they will be processed fairly and according to last weeks policies! Will be very tough if those applicants are refused as many will not have a second option.

With regards to the WASMOL, I think there will be one, but a very short list, probably only with highly skilled or extremely rare occupations ie Deer Farmer, Cattery Operator (!!!) on it. But seriously, I think there will be limited occupations and I suspect some of the medical/trades and hospitality will be removed.

When I spoke to the Manager there today, I was advised by him that presently they are waiting for guidance from the new Govt and everything would be evaluated.

I certainly wouldnt be advising anyone to pay for skills assessments,IELTS unless they are on the SOL as gaining points from WA Sponsorship will be for a few limited occupations and I suspect most occupations will be Schedule 2, ie must have a job offer of at least 12 months employment.

Let's all keep a close watch, I have a few clients who need State Sponsorship, so hopefully a new list will be posted soon.

Hi Ali, I think the RSMS 187 will be removed completely as that is what Mark McGowan said in his campaign, that he would remove it immediately and he has got Skilled Migration WA to remove the application form already! At least he is an MP who is doing what he said!!! Quite unusual in this country and the Roe 8 construction was halted today!

Very concerned about any 187 RCB applications that were lodged prior to 11th March, I am hoping they will be processed fairly and according to last weeks policies! Will be very tough if those applicants are refused as many will not have a second option.

With regards to the WASMOL, I think there will be one, but a very short list, probably only with highly skilled or extremely rare occupations ie Deer Farmer, Cattery Operator (!!!) on it. But seriously, I think there will be limited occupations and I suspect some of the medical/trades and hospitality will be removed.

When I spoke to the Manager there today, I was advised by him that presently they are waiting for guidance from the new Govt and everything would be evaluated.

I certainly wouldnt be advising anyone to pay for skills assessments,IELTS unless they are on the SOL as gaining points from WA Sponsorship will be for a few limited occupations and I suspect most occupations will be Schedule 2, ie must have a job offer of at least 12 months employment.

Let's all keep a close watch, I have a few clients who need State Sponsorship, so hopefully a new list will be posted soon.

I hope your clients are successful.

Speak to your Migration Agent as I can not give you specific advice to your application. Maybe they think the nomination may not be approved so do not want you to lose your VAC?

At the moment the Migration Regulations have not changed, so effectively you can still at this stage apply for the visa as Perth is Regional in the legislation still it is just that the WA Skilled Migration office has closed all new RCB apps

Thanks Ali, there are lots of people out there who are relying on the WASMOL, so I can imagine many are now in limbo waiting to see what happens!

I have been advising my clients for the last 12 months or so that I saw the writing on the wall for 187 due to the economic climate and as with most things a lot of employers have been exploiting the system and sponsoring people in roles that go against the integrity of the programme. Having said that I have just lodged a 187 for an employer who after advertising only had 3 suitable applicants, all of which were temporary visa holders, so there is still a need for this visa, but perhaps certain occupations should be exempt !! Not that I will mention what they are!!!

I also think that putting most occupations on Schedule 2 of WASMOL makes sense, so people arent coming here with no chance of a job offer as things are tough out there at the moment.

If you have lodged a valid visa application and nomination with RCB approval you should be fine !

Let us hope that this is Ok... so worrying for everyone in process after everything is lodged. Surely though they cannot make a retrospective decision on this? Especially as DiBP is federal government, and WA is state government. Guessing it is a "watch this space" situation, but how stressful.

I know it is a difficult one. Federal Govt determine the legislative changes in the Migration Regulations, but if State Govt decide to close the WA Skilled Migration Programme, it could be irrelevant what Fed Govt says? That is only my humble opinion though and I dont want to worry anyone! Lodged an RCB on Friday for a lovely couple and this is their only option, so as you say I hope they dont make a retrospective decision as we pulled all the stops out to get it in on Friday afternoon! I have fingers and toes crossed for them and all the other people in the same situation!

Let us hope that this is Ok... so worrying for everyone in process after everything is lodged. Surely though they cannot make a retrospective decision on this? Especially as DiBP is federal government, and WA is state government. Guessing it is a "watch this space" situation, but how stressful.

**** HELP ME ALL YOU ANGLES ****

My migration agent is slow. My rcb has been waiting for 1 year to be filed. Somehow the day came when it was supposed to be done.

And I see this news of WA centre closed down for indefinite period.

Now she is saying that we can do nominations first and then we can do rcb after .

Please suggest me is it possible? Will that be a good idea as to save 2 months?

A good advice from anyone of you is much appreciated.

I am from HR country and staying overseas applying rsms visa.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk

**** HELP ME ALL YOU ANGLES ****

My migration agent is slow. My rcb has been waiting for 1 year to be filed. Somehow the day came when it was supposed to be done.

And I see this news of WA centre closed down for indefinite period.

Now she is saying that we can do nominations first and then we can do rcb after .

Please suggest me is it possible? Will that be a good idea as to save 2 months?

A good advice from anyone of you is much appreciated.

I am from HR country and staying overseas applying rsms visa.

Thanks

If you have not lodged the application, you will not be able to

Hi to all.

I am just new in this blog.

I applied RSMS(nomination/visa) in Perth last year Sept 2016. With RCB approval. Just worried about new policies of Labor regarding rsms removal from WA. Did you guys have any idea that will these policies affect the previously lodged applications too? As I am really concerned about this. Please help me out. Thanks

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/waelection/wa-premier-mark-mcgowan-acts-on-promise-for-state-jobs/news-story/e1d03f867100ad322b9b2cc053aa0061

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/waelection/wa-premier-mark-mcgowan-acts-on-promise-for-state-jobs/news-story/e1d03f867100ad322b9b2cc053aa0061

Make of it what you wish, maybe your agent has not read this!!! Is your agent a MARA agent??

I dont think you will be able to lodge your RCB now!

My MA said that this has happened after 3 years again. According to her this will not affect rsms but they have closed entire office. I am applying as contract administrator.