Migration advise for a Painter/decorator

Larad86

I am hoping for some advise for a relative. He is 33yr old painter/decorator looking to start the process but he has been advised by an agent that he would not be eligible although I'm not aware of the full details. I'm curious to find out the process of a painter and decorator who has successfully migrated and what they have had to do once arriving to obtain work I.e further certifications etc? Any help would be appareciated.

TIA

I am hoping for some advise for a relative. He is 33yr old painter/decorator looking to start the process but he has been advised by an agent that he would not be eligible although I'm not aware of the full details. I'm curious to find out the process of a painter and decorator who has successfully migrated and what they have had to do once arriving to obtain work I.e further certifications etc? Any help would be appareciated. TIA
Skilled migration is based on a points system and if he doesn't tot up the required amount, there is no way around it. This is what the migration agent would have looked at first. I know people who have changed career to get in, but this takes a long time (getting a degree or other qualification and then totting up the required amount of work experience).

Can you provide more details as the occupation is on the SOL. What is his age? Qualification? Length of time doing the occupation?

Aged 33, I think NVQ 2 with roughly 8 years experience, most of which may have been running his own business. I am aware of the points system and the need for skills assessment and English requirements as I did the process myself as a nurse. It's very early enquiringly stages for him at the moment and I'm just helping out. Just a few pointers if any would be appreciated.

Thanks again

The only issue I can see is only having an NVQ2. However, it is possible to go through recognition of prior learning (RPL) which counts his experience in place of a qualification.

I would recomend he contacts Camilla at New Life Down Under. Search on here and you will find her contact details.