like button

elfie

Sorry all. Unfortunately this software that we currently run on is outdated and no longer supported. The "like" button was an add on which became a security risk and caused problems on two out of four of the forums. To stop this happening here we took the decision to remove the like button to protect the forum.

This then leads us to the decision of what software to use for the forums. The creators of VB (the current software) split up and half went off to design a new platform called Xen Foro also at this time everyone stopped writing code add ons for VB and moved over to Xen. Now we use a lot of add ons one of which was the like button so VB was no longer an option. We moved 2 of the smaller forums to Xen Foro and basically I couldn't stand it. Here is one currently running on Xen https://www.lifeinqueensland.com/

So the other major player in forum software is Invision Power Board which had all the ad ons, was mobile friendly and also was SSL secure. This is what Poms is on.

Believe me I've put off doing the forum upgrade for probably 3-4 years it was only when the security risk became apparent it left us with no choice. It has stressed me non stop doing the change over because I don't like anyone to be unhappy and @Arwen if I could have left it the way it was believe me my life would have been a lot less stressful. However, I thought people's security protection needed to be our priority.

As yet we haven't purchased the software for Perth so please have a look at the Xenforo platform that's running life in Queensland and let me know which you prefer https://www.lifeinqueensland.com/

Sorry for any inconvenience we have caused you all we just want to make sure everything is safe and secure.