Whats included

Hi all,

Thanks for all the great discussion points on here as it certainly helps. I am just waiting for a job offer to come through as I am a senior manager in the recruitment sector.

When we first come to Perth we are going to be looking at renting for maybe 12 months as we are renting our home out in the UK. There is just myself and my partner and we have no children nor pets.

What should we expect for about $2,000 dollars per month? also what does the rental price in Perth cover please? ie buildings insurance, council tax, water rates etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Dean & Margaret Ann

Guest stevieb

Hi Dean / Margaret

Welcome to the forum. An unfurnished rental general includes buildings insurance, council tax and the service charge for water (you'd pay for the actually water usage).

Hi Dean and Margaret Ann,

Just a few things to consider - while building insurance will be included in your rent, you will need to get your own contents insurance. (That is, unless you rent a fully furnished place, which is usually covered by the owners' landlord's insurance).

Also, cost of utilities such as electricity and internet are usually additional to your weekly rent, particularly for unfurnished or partially furnished properties. Same goes for foxtel ('cable' tv ie. pay tv).

Regards

Jen :)

NB: in terms of renting a property, try www.reiwa.com.au, www.realestate.com.au, and if you're looking for a private rental, http://perth.gumtree.com.au/

Guest DelboyBrummie

Pretty much with the above comments and the cost will depend on which suburb and what type of property you are looking for. If you are renting in the UK now I would suggest getting a reference from your current landlord/agent now as this will save you some hassle when you get over here. Things like braodband and Foxtel are quite expensive when compared to the UK but you will probably earn more so relatively it's the same or cheaper.

Thank you very much for the information. We have never rented before but we will have reference from our bank and mortgage company if that would help as apart from that we have no credit cards or loans etc.

With the positions that we are discussing with employers that are prepared to sponsir us our salaries will be around the $190,000 AUS Dollar mark.

Our intention is to buy eventually but will need somewhere before we can do this and until we find the right area to live in.

Has anybody ever imported a car from the UK to Perth? Is it straightforward or a nightmare?

Thank you again for your help It is hard to imagine how people went about this before the internet.

Regards,

Dean & Margaret Ann

In terms of renting references, a lot of places that do short term lets will provide references if you stay with them. We have done this for tenants who stayed with us for 2 or 3 months while waiting for their container to arrive. We had a couple stay with us recently who were amazed at how many people turned up to each rental home open, and it took them longer to get a property than they had anticipated. They were successful in the end however :D