How much luggage are you allowed on the plane when you move

Guest James2391

Guest James2391

Hi all

just wondering how many suitcases you are allowed to take on the plane when you move to Oz.

Are you allowed to take more luggage as you are moving. :Rofl:

Guest Ashill's

Hi James,

Dont know much! But as we are moving quite soon and my husband Dave is quite thorough he found out that for a first flight with Singapore airlines you can have double the allowance (2x 20kg bags) as long as you show your visa saying your visit is indefinate and proving that its the first time you are flying and emigrating. However if you fly with Quantas they charge you.

Hope this helps

Diane

• 3 weeks later...

Depends which visa - some people have had problems getting extra baggage allowance on temp visa's. It's best to email the airline and check, telling them which visa you're on. We got 40kg each with Singapore Airlines, no case could weigh more than 32kg each due to health and safety requirements for baggage handlers though.

Ali

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pob and Dinah

Hi there - we have booked Singapore Airlines for 30th September with a stopover for 3 days in Singapore then on to Perth. Can anyone confirm my suspicion that we are not eligible for the extra allowance because we are not flying direct? We are on a PR visa and it would be a bonus to have the extra if allowed!

Guest Ashill's

Hi,

I agree with Ali contact the airline directly, you never know you could be lucky, we are only stopping for an hour or so but only found out about the extra luggage allowance after phoning around.

Good luck

Di

Guest Pob and Dinah

Hi, thanks for the advice. I called Singapore Airlines directly today and spoke to their customer services dept. who confirmed if we are flying one way on a PR visa we are eligible for 40kgs each! Even with a 3 day stopover in Singapore. The lady went on to make a note on the booking and even asked if I had any meal requests and seat preferences. Very helpful. I hope the flight is as good!