Help - all my clothes are shrinking and fading

Piscine75

I have a Bosch front loader and always put my washing on at a low temperature and spin but am finding that things are shrinking. I am also finding that the clothes are fading ie stripes on shirts fading etc. Surely this can't be the sun this time of the year.

would be very interested as boring as it sounds to hear from people and also any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Hi Piscine75 :)

I can't really help with the shrinkage issue, but in terms of fading, yes clothes will fade all year round in Perth. Even though it's not hot, there is always UV light that fades the clothes - just like if you don't put suncream on, you'll get burnt. It just takes a bit longer!! There is a hole in the ozone layer which is directly above Australia, which has a huge impact on the level of exposure we all get to the sun.

I always turn clothes inside out before hanging them on the line, and some things I always dry inside on a clothes airer - things like bras etc, as the sun does wear out the elasticised parts fairly quickly.

Hope this helps!

Jen :)

Is it just me but is the detergent here crap? I washed some of my daughter's clothes with food stains on them and nothing came out, even with Sard or Napisan. I can't get over it, I could always get stains out at home. And the water seems different here too, like the clothes are like cardboard when they're dry? I started using conditioner in every wash. I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm using a top loader and it doesn't churn the clothes as well as a front loader would??