Should we ship a heater?!?! Or do you wish you'd brought some type of heating

Corinne14470

If you have radiators definitely bring them with you. Alot of the houses dont have heating so you will need them. Our house doesnt have reverse cycle and we are freezing plus we have high ceilings. i got cheap oil filled ones in kmart but if I had them already I'd bring them. Bring everything with you including your kitchen sink :)

Yeap ditto to all the above. I have had to go out and buy draught excluders to go along the bottom of all the doors as its very draughty. So bring them as well lol. Bring any kind of heating and winter wooleys. Pack extra warm duvets as the one here are quite thin. I never dreamed I would keel this cold all the time and we have only been here for 10 weeks.

Guest MinkyCat

yes bring with you, we have no heating & its freezing, the houses are not insulated like in the UK, also had to purchase electric blankets for us all, never ever had one in the UK so we had to laugh!!! We had a 40ft container come with us and my hubby keeps laughing and saying we'll need a 60ft to return (if we do)

Had a wee chuckle at the above posts :) - ssooo true you ditch everything thinking I'm off to Oz no way will I need any of this thick clothes! But it is chilly in the morning and evenings def need some sort of heaters but still warm in the afternoons (well for me anyway only been here 4 weeks) but feel it gets cold all of a sudden!

The other day it was lovely and I thought god this is like a summers day in Aberdeen and it's bloody winter - loving it! Checked weather today folks and it says 22 degrees for sun, ace! :jiggy: