Applying for 457. Can i leave??

Guest kevingohery

Guest kevingohery

Hi all, i have a few questions regarding my 457 application and was hoping someone could clarify a few things for me. Ive been lookin on the Australian Immigration website but its as clear as mud :arghh:. So this is my situation, I'm currently working for an employer in Perth, and my WHV expires on 15th September. I have a flight booked to go home to Ireland leaving on 6th of september (not even 6 weeks away now). I was planning on submitting my 457 application within the next few weeks, but i am not sure if that will mean i would have to stay in Australia until its granted or refused. My understanding is that as soon as your application is submitted you automatically go on bridging visa A, and then have to apply for bridging visa b if you want to leave the country and return, but i will only want to return if my 457 is granted. So my question is,

1.Can i submit my 457 application before i go home and just leave the country and then come back when (hopefully) my 457 gets approved?

2.Or should i postpone submitting my application until i go home?

Thanks in advance for any help

You need to speak to a Registered Migration Agent - as it may make a difference if you apply onshore - and visa is granted while your are offshore, there may be issues when you re-enter Australia.

If the company you work for are already a business sponsor you can get visa granted in about 1 week.