RSMS Subclass 187 post July 2012

stelol1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canberra

I am not a Pom and neither from Perth but I thought it might be helpful to share 187 Visa info here!

RCB (ACT govt) approved in 2 weeks’ time

DIAC nomination lodged on 22 Oct, 2012

Applied online for 187 visa (direct entry stream) on 31 Oct, 2012 (with all documents including police clearances and medicals done)

Acknowledgement: not yet

Visa Officer: not yet

NB: I applied for 187 visa without DIAC nomination approval as DIAC sates one can apply for 187 visa after nomination application has been lodged by employer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Great news for us. Our visa was granted this morning.

Timeline:

Submitted Subclass 187 Visa Application via agent (Nomination was previously lodged and approved): 7 September 2012

Acknowledgement letter: 18 September 2012

Medicals requested: 10 October 2012

Case officer assigned: 10 October 2012

Additional documents requested: 11 October 2012

Medicals completed: 19 October 2012

Police clearance certificates from the Nederlands: 12 November 2012

Visa RN 187 granted: 13 November 2012

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Thanks

Stelol1

• 4 weeks later...
We applied 8 weeks ago for the RCB. How long did it take you guys?? What about TRA how long did that take? I applied for 187 with an agent and I'm in Perth.

My RCB took approx 8 weeks so fingers crossed it will be through anytime for you. Also applied in Perth through an agent.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest movingdownunder

Hi Everyone, I hope you all had a lovely festive season! Has anybody had any updates regarding there visa process? We are still waiting in limbo, may 2013 be the year we all get some good news.

Hi Everyone, I hope you all had a lovely festive season! Has anybody had any updates regarding there visa process? We are still waiting in limbo, may 2013 be the year we all get some good news.

No further updates for us unfortunately. I was also thinking May.....it seems so long off :(

• 3 weeks later...
No further updates for us unfortunately. I was also thinking May.....it seems so long off :(

Hello !!

i would like to know what sort of acknowledgement did u receive on the 7th of dec. is it an acknowledgement of valid visa application for Regional Employer nomination.

thanks

Hello !!

i would like to know what sort of acknowledgement did u receive on the 7th of dec. is it an acknowledgement of valid visa application for Regional Employer nomination.

thanks

Yes that's exactly what it was

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline... FYI - I'm also not a Pom nor do I live in Perth, but thought I would share my info! I'm from Canada and I live in Adelaide.

Nomination lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

RSMS (187) Direct Entry Non Decision Ready visa application lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid nomination received - 12 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid visa application received - 12 September 2012

Bridging visa granted - 12 September 2012

Nomination lodged with RCB - 10 October 2012

Nomination approved by RCB - 13 November 2012

My migration agent has provided me with the TRN numbers and passwords for the eVisa site so I can monitor the status of my application. For the nomination, a number of relevant documents and the RCB advice was uploaded and attached. When I logged in to view the nomination, I could see all of the attachments. However, back in mid-December all of the attachments disappeared. I couldn't think of any reason why they would just disappear. I had my employer contact DIAC and they were informed that if the documents were attached, then there is no need to worry... So I could only assume perhaps they have an internal file and the attachments are there?

I am curious ... has this happened to anyone else? When you log into the eVisa site, are your documents/attachments missing??

BTW - the status of my nomination and visa application is still just 'Application received"

It is nice to see that Stelol1's 187 visa has been approved, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. But just so frustrating when you have to be patient for so long and not hear anything!

I was just having a look at the Skilled Migration Visa Processing Times website here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm

And according to this site, RSMS visas are under Priority Group 1 and the processing time for SkillSelect (subclass 187) is 6 months. So my application was lodged on 11 September meaning my visa might be approved in just over 1 month from now! So that is exciting ... fingers crossed :)

I'm interested to hear everyone else's story / updates!

Cheers guys and I will keep my fingers crossed for each and every one of you that your visas get processed quickly!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest berik.yoem
Hi Guys,

My migration agent has provided me with the TRN numbers and passwords for the eVisa site so I can monitor the status of my application. For the nomination, a number of relevant documents and the RCB advice was uploaded and attached. When I logged in to view the nomination, I could see all of the attachments. However, back in mid-December all of the attachments disappeared. I couldn't think of any reason why they would just disappear. I had my employer contact DIAC and they were informed that if the documents were attached, then there is no need to worry... So I could only assume perhaps they have an internal file and the attachments are there?

I am curious ... has this happened to anyone else? When you log into the eVisa site, are your documents/attachments missing??

BTW - the status of my nomination and visa application is still just 'Application received"

Dear SonicBlue82

Im in the same situation as yours.

My agent gave me a TRN and password so I monitored my nomination status on eVisa website. All the supporting documents were there on the list, but then, suddenly all the documents got just disappeared since last year - I guess it was december. I asked my agent about it and she said there's nothing to worry about it as long as all the documents have been uploaded before. She also said the immigration office will contact her if they open my case.

So, lets just prey. I hope this cruel waiting game will end someday, soon.

I'm also curious if this thing happened to anyone else?

BTW, my timeline is here. My goal is 187 visa in QLD

RCB was lodged and approved in May, 2012 - I don't remember the date, but it was pretty quick to get the RCB approved. But it was just my case, I heard that it takes a lot of time to just get the RCB nowadays.

Nomination was lodged 30/Sep/2012

And... I'm still waiting for the nomination to be approved, I'll lodge the visa application after the nomination approved. Coz this is my second time trying to get the visa. My first try was refused coz the nomination was refused. I just withdrew my visa application due the the nomination refusal, so I didn't get 3-year-ban from any visa refusal.

Hi berik.yoem,

Cheers for sharing your timeline and information! It makes me feel a little more at ease knowing that I'm not the only person out there with "missing documents". I have also been told that if they have been uploaded previously that there is nothing to worry about and they will have them. I think it's just a glitch with their system since they updated it, which is why they're not visible. But anyway, once a case officer is assigned, they will contact our migration agents if any documents are missing.

My application has basically consumed my life at this stage! The waiting is killing me. It's soooo frustrating to be patient and not hear anything about the status of the application! I've just past the 5-month mark since my nomination and visa were lodged together... fingers crossed our applications are processed and granted soon!