Musicians? Perth/Scarborough

whaleshark

Alright...

My missus and I will be arriving in Scarborough 14th feb, wondered if there's anyone around the area who'd be up for putting a band together at some point. A covers band to do weddings and clubs and earn a bit of cash. Maybe some original stuff too. Prob wont be able to jump on it straight away, ( got to get set up and find a job and that first). But just wondered if there was any interest!

I play Guitar mainly, and vocals too. I'm bringing my acoustic with me, and will be looking for a new electric guitar once over there. I've got a couple of nice one's here but I'm reluctant to ship them over, you know how it is! Prob ship my amp and stuff over at a later date. Be good to put something together once things have settled, It's good to keep playing. What do you play?

I play guitar also and do bv's. Brought an electric with me as hand luggage, I didn't want to not play for 3 months waiting for the container to arrive! I shipped my les paul....and it was fine mate. As long as it's wrapped up well......although I did worry a bit as you do....I had it insured though.

There's a market over here for sure regarding private/agency and bar gigs, also there's musos looking to join or start up a band.

Get in touch when you're sorted and we can look into it. Scarborough's a nice area, been here 6 months and we like it a lot.

cheers. Darren

I play drums. I've been here 2 months. Left a covers band in the UK. Would be interested in putting something together. We were a rock covers band doing all sorts. I have shipped by electronic and acoustic kits with me. Everything arrived safe and sound.

sounds like a plan ashleymhale, are you NOR or south?

• 6 months later...

How's it going everyone? Anyone formed a band yet? Is anyone interested in going to gigs? My wife is 5 months pregnant and isn't particularly into my music (rock/punk) so I was wondering if anyone on here was interested in going to gigs? Particularly nofx are playing at the metro in November. One of my all time favourite bands. Hope you're all settling into Perth!

• 2 weeks later...

Just some advice for people wanting to bring over their guitars. If its a bolt on just unbolt the neck then stick it in your lugguage. Make sure you wrap it in towels as my bass had a couple of small dents from transport. Saves you 150+ quid that you need to spend to send it through a courrier.