Living in Atwell and looking to make new friends locally

Familyfive

Hi,

My name is Bec and I live in Atwell with my husband and 3 children aged 4, 2 and 3 months. We've been in Perth for 2.5 years and love it but would really like to make some new friends. We miss having family around a lot and would like to build a good circle of friends, especially locally if possible as its hard to travel too far with 3 small kids who don't like car journeys! I am from Bexhill (near Eastbourne). We'd love to meet up with anyone nearby in a similar situation, especially those with kids who might want to play with ours! :smile2:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we live in Cockburn just over the freeway from atwell. We've been here for 3 months and also looking to make friends. We have a 7 year old boy who has just started school here. We are loooking to make some friends for him too. We are happy here but just miss the friendship circles. It would be great to make a circle of friends.

Totally agree it can get abit lonely otherwise , my husband is a building site supervisor he's trade started as a carpenter, I currently work part time at Coles so I don't have to put our daughter in child care, which is lovely to beable to spend lots of time with her. How old are you and your fiancée? I'm 26 and my hubby is 29

Hi my name is Jen and we live in Atwell too in the Cockburn area!

Me and my oh and 2 girls moved out here nearly 2 years ago and have met some great families through Perth Poms! We try and meet up as often as we can so If you fancy coming along to our next meet up its this Sunday. Would be great to expand our circle of friends :)

Jen xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

There are quite a few of us who've met up regularly since October who are all based SOR ranging from Canning Vale to Atwell. The last big meet up was Sunday just gone but if any of you are free Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays are best for me. The meet ups usually take place on a Sunday every 4-6 weeks depending on who is free. If any of you fancy meeting up with me PM me and we'll get the ball rolling. Loads of love and sunshine. x

Hi Bec I'm not there yet, we plan to leave the uk in september but hope you don't mind me joining this thread because atwell is one of the areas on our short list. Do you mind if I ask.. have you always lived in this suburb? What do you make of it?? Are the schools good - my children are age 7 and 3 so I need to consider primary and high. Any info would be great it's so scary from the uk trying to pick an area to live without having seen them all and knowing where to avoid!! Hope you don't mind me asking this on your post. Thanks :smile2:

Hi,

My name is Bec and I live in Atwell with my husband and 3 children aged 4, 2 and 3 months. We've been in Perth for 2.5 years and love it but would really like to make some new friends. We miss having family around a lot and would like to build a good circle of friends, especially locally if possible as its hard to travel too far with 3 small kids who don't like car journeys! I am from Bexhill (near Eastbourne). We'd love to meet up with anyone nearby in a similar situation, especially those with kids who might want to play with ours! :smile2:

Hi Jen, great to hear from some more local poms! Whereabouts in the UK are you from? Thanks for the invite unfortunately we have a friend visiting us on Sunday he's only in Perth for a couple of nights so we can't make it on Sunday. Can you let us know of the next one though?

Hi Ashley

sorry for the late reply...this is the first time I've logged on here since I last wrote you :) we are from Scotland and been living in Atwell since we first moved to Perth. Yeah will defo let you know of the next meet up there was a couple of new families that joined us the last time so it was great to meet new people. There hasn't been one organised in the next few wks yet but if you fancy organising a meet up with the families from this thead as there seems to be a few from around our area! Just let me know :)

jen xx