Any surfers?

FOL

• 8 months later...

Hey , yep ive been trying to crack surfing for the last 4 years …. we try n get to Cornwall as much as poss in the UK, However really got the bug when we visited margarets river a few years back.

Any how were not over yet - But when we are ( spring 2016 ) ill send you a message :o)

Finding a good surf club is high on our wish list , just love the ocean !!!!! love it …. and cant wait to be able to see and hear it everyday.

Just one thing though - how do you get the shark thing out of your head …. as you need to be relaxed when you surf - and i reckon id be clentching my bum cheeks so hard i wont be relaxed !!!! Do you just put them out of you mind ….. or is it rare they come in shore ???

look forward to hearing more ….. and cant wait to be there !!!

Yhew !

None? That's quite unexpected :) I'm NOR, surfing at mullaloo for easy waves. Sometimes going with the big boys to Scarborough, but spending more time under water than above haha

AFAIK there aren't real surfing clubs. Just (groups of) people who meet regularly. SLSC is totally different. Shoot me a message when you're here.

I don't worry about sharks at all, although I do look around regularly - especially when I'm alone or further away from a group. Chances of getting attacked are slim. You'd better worry staying safe while driving.

• 1 month later...
Any surfers on this forum? It's one thing I miss heaps and will enjoy when we get back to Perth. Any surfing meetups? (regular surfing - no wind/kite surfing for me at least) :biglaugh:

I used to take a body board to scabs mostly. Not always the best wave, but consistent. City beach was better, but the life guards tend to move you on. Sharks? Don't make me laugh. More chance dying driving to the beach. Saw one or two down south. Not a problem. Just came in for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Heidi,

Yep still am. Actually was at Trigg today. Woke up at 5am and was at the beach at 6am (was a bit slow this morning). Awesome to go surfing before work. I usually go to Scarborough though, but I'm keen with anything. I'll shoot you a PM.

p.s. @pegg - the ocean is waiting for you...

Hi Heidi,

Yep still am. Actually was at Trigg today. Woke up at 5am and was at the beach at 6am (was a bit slow this morning). Awesome to go surfing before work. I usually go to Scarborough though, but I'm keen with anything. I'll shoot you a PM.

p.s. @pegg - the ocean is waiting for you...

Cannot wait ! … heading down Cornwall end of march to get a bit refreshed !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

big prob i have @FOL is that living 150 miles away from surf means i only get on it max 4 times a year …. with distance , kids, work etc.

So every time i go i need to get head round it all again...

But hey , i paddle out … get out back , catch a wave or two ….. Just at the point where im trying to nail my turning more .

But in a couple of months the boards will be on top of the car or on my bicycle …… and i can get on it more and nail those turns ;o)

• 2 weeks later...
infact @FOL ….. really looking forward to surfing without a wetsuit !!!

you will have to advise me where i can get a couple of second hand boards from too buddy ;o)

Hah, I only surf without wetsuit half the year, maybe even a bit less. Good against cold and jellyfish :)

Used boards: gumtree

I bought an almost new board from alkimos surf shop which is their "own" brand. Was $385 I believe with fins. It's 7ft with lots of volume and feels so much better than my previous softboard.

• 4 months later...

Hey @FOL … so picking up my board monday from soul boards , scarborough……. nice second hand board ive found !

Any how - right back to your original question when you started this thread "Any Surfers " ?

So yes , buddy if you can spare any time would love to meet up and get in that water …… its been too long !

Also anyone else ???

Aww man …. thats a shame buddy , i do hope it mends soon ;o)

Yeah board is 7 .6" mini mal , however daughter has been ill so not been able to pick up ! hope its still there at end of the week !

Where do you recomend i try first ?

I Keep watching the guys up north beach of mullaloo , some nice little waves - so might give that a whirl first.

But keep in touch buddy , please do :o)