New to Quinns rocks

Sbond

Hi,

My family and I have just moved to Quinns rocks and looking to find some friends to meet up with/ chat etc.

my eldest little boy has started school at Quinns beach school (pre-primary), and my youngest boy will start kindy in 2016.

I currently don't have a car:sad: so I'm very limited of what I can do! But hopefully will get one in the next month or so! Just looking to have a natter and a cuppa.

Also any advice or recommendations on the area for stuff for the kids to do would be greatly appreciated ?

sarah x

Well the Dome in Butler has a perth pom person who owns it, there is a playground which is good by it also. A good swim school in Merriwa for the children. There is a nice cafe/ restaurant called Portifinos in Quinns which has a playground too. Of course there is a lovely walk as you are in the middle to walk along the beach to Jindalee or the other way to Mindarie Marina. There seems a lot going on for winter if you catch the train to Perth, ice rink etc.

I will be meeting up with Annjean , on here, soon just waiting for this virus to leave the house, we are older than you but I am sure a coffee and natter will be ok , and not to boring for you.

Hi,

My family and I have just moved to Quinns rocks and looking to find some friends to meet up with/ chat etc.

my eldest little boy has started school at Quinns beach school (pre-primary), and my youngest boy will start kindy in 2016.

I currently don't have a car:sad: so I'm very limited of what I can do! But hopefully will get one in the next month or so! Just looking to have a natter and a cuppa.

Also any advice or recommendations on the area for stuff for the kids to do would be greatly appreciated ?

sarah x

Hi Sarah,

We are planning to move to Quinns hopefully in nov/dec! We have 3 kids, 15, 6 and 8months! Really interested to know what you think of Quinns and any advice on schools etc would be really helpfull! Ive researched a few but they all seem to have pretty hefty fees!!! Any info would be greatly apreciated! Xx

Hi!

yay that's exciting! We have only been here 3 weeks but so far we love it. My husband has family in mindarie and Clarkson, but we always liked quinns. I was really worried about picking the right school, but I can not fault quinns beach primary at all! It's an independent public school so no fees to pay. Just a list of books and supplies you have to buy. I think kindy has a $50 voluntary fee.

they have been so helpful from the start. We secured a rental before we arrived in the catchment area so I was able to enrole my eldest before we left the UK. He actually started school 18 hours after we arrived here!:wideeyed:. All the staff have been very welcoming and helpful. I have heard butler primary school is not that great?! Mindarie primary is meant to be fantastic, would have picked that school but rentals in the catchment area out of our price range and the school sometimes has a waiting list!

I have not researched secondary yet, but my hairdresser said that some of the schools have parents apply 5years in advance. Also can be very strict on catchment areas I've been told. That said I have also been told that some of the expensive schools are not always that great? I'm hoping that I can pick the brains of the mums at school about secondary and hear their opinions xx

Hi Sarah that I tresting that you say quinns beach is good as someone has said avoid it and go to quinns Rock primary, we are also looking at Quinn s as we arrive in 3 weeks, our daughters are 7 and 3. Finding it a nightmare looking at rentals, you was lucky to secure on from the UK or was that helped by assistance from family already over?

hope it all works out for you and will be watching this for more hints and tips about Quinns jason

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am also interested to hear info I have a 3 yr old and a (will be) 6 yr old when we arrive in November.....info on primary and secondary and also how you secured a rental first @Sbond before moving to WA? Although think I would prefer to see myself first - I am just anxious about securing a school etc...Thanks in advance and will look forward to potentially meeting up xx

• 2 months later...