Do It Yourself Removals

frosties

Hi I watched a Wanted Down Under Revisited today, moving to Perth, they packed and arranged their crate themselves. Can anybody answer these questions:-

Has anybody ever done it and was it a good experience? How would you go about arranging it? Do you still use an agent and is it a lot cheaper?

We have made the move to Perth and back again and we're going back July 2014, typical boomerang poms :-) we used removal agents and when watching them we thought we could do that ourselves.

Any comments or advise would be much appreciated. Thanksx

Hi I watched a Wanted Down Under Revisited today, moving to Perth, they packed and arranged their crate themselves. Can anybody answer these questions:-

Has anybody ever done it and was it a good experience? How would you go about arranging it? Do you still use an agent and is it a lot cheaper?

We have made the move to Perth and back again and we're going back July 2014, typical boomerang poms :-) we used removal agents and when watching them we thought we could do that ourselves.

Any comments or advise would be much appreciated. Thanksx

I have just seen it and was wondering the same.. ..maybe there are issues theotherside,, Look forward to the replys

We saw that too. My OH looked it up and its a company called imove. We got a quote from them and for a whole container, diy, is 2700. Considerably cheaper than the big boys! However, i was thinking, surely some people wouldnt pack their stuff very well, then have lots of breakages and claim on the insurance and get all new stuff??

We saw that too. My OH looked it up and its a company called imove. We got a quote from them and for a whole container, diy, is 2700. Considerably cheaper than the big boys! However, i was thinking, surely some people wouldnt pack their stuff very well, then have lots of breakages and claim on the insurance and get all new stuff??

Brilliant, I've just had a look at the website and will get on touch with them too. Thanks. It will undoubtedly be back breaking work but worth the saving of a couple of thousand :-) I wonder if the insurance premium is higher because of packing yourself?

Perhaps insurance is higher if you're packed yourself? I must admit there would have been no way that we could have packed our house ourselves and got it all to fit on the container. As it was the packers were there from 7.30 - 5pm for two and a half days working non stop (team of 2) and then spent half a day loading the container. For me personally, it was a stress that I could do without.

Guest steve K

the things to be careful of are insurance, an inventory that will satisfy customs and quarantine, what happens if it is all pulled out for inspection etc.who will repack prior to delivery..etc..