shippers packed by company and packed by owner help

bwatt99

Long story short well will try to my shipper came and have now gone and my container is now on its way,I stored my items previous to them coming for two reasons as my location and my place was not idea for shippers to do there work,ok they would have managed but been 10x harder,and also i wanted to do some jobs around the house and i thought better to take stuff out so i can do it better,i then looked into insurance and see that most shippers charge a lot so did not want to pay there rates,so looked into others and got a company who was happy to insure me,i left them to it while i was there with them but was busy doing other stuff,on say the day they was about to pack the container up i had asked what does pbo mean on them boxes they said packed by owner,i never knew this and i thought they was going to do all the pack,they said there was no point in packing everything up again as it would take so long,but im now worried as they did not pack this,but they did open have a look inside and maybe added some packing paper so is this as good as packed by them?also i had a lot of new items again still flat packed from day one and they just opened had a look inside and wrapped back up again,not even adding extra packing etc again they put on there boxes pbo,im very worried that most of my items maybe not be covered due to the way they have done this.

End of the day i have paid for there severice they are the guys who should know what they are doing and know what needs done and not etc and i just left them too it,i also took out insurance and lets just way above what most would pay for or value there stuff at as i wanted to be covered pretty much everything and even the smallest of things,even my smallest of things which i had a lot when all added up and a high value.so i insured everything to there replacement value etc.

I had also asked any new items to be repacked for customs so they dont look new,they did not do this and left as is saying you might not even be looked at by customs,i thought ever container does get checked by them they said no and they said to be honest you have a 40ft container and they might look at first few boxes at front cmpare with list and let it go is this right.

I even had a buggy and pram i had still to clean wheels on which i said leave to the side and while they was doing other things i can clean them,but they had already packed them away and i asked about them they said dont worry you watching too much tv on customs.

I also asked about what happens to container when it arrives,as i thought when it got there they want it back asap,so they remove all your items from it and return container,they take it all out of container and load into another or into trucks,they said no be the same container that gets delivered to your property,is this right should right it be the same container but i thought the one that leaves uk is required back asap once its at port.

I do feel my packers have cut corners on my shipment and i noticed on my list they made up which is not clear as its only copies that a lot of my already from new fat packed item have pbo on them packed by owner,again they did open and check and packed it away.

I would thing if they have handled them,opened, etc it be them thats liable and also when any boxed i had packed they opened and looked inside and stuck some paper in them again this would be them again,but why put pbo on them boxes i noticed they have pbc on other boxes which i think is packed by company.

Knowing what i know now i should have got them to repack everything as most of my list looks to have pbo on them.

Be good to get some feedback on this please

As you've said. You paid a lot of money for them to pack everything. It's crazy for them to say it would take too long. Thats why they charge so much! Stuff PBO may not be insured as well. If you get a breakage who's to blame? Was it because the box was mishandled by the company or because you didn't pack it properly?

Also what if items go missing?

I'm not sure what you can do now except write a letter of complaint to the company. You could get some sort of money back.

Could you PM the company name please?

Thanks,

Coastie