Sending dog to aus

Tatty

has anyone used parair to send there dog to aus? if our dates are correct it looks like our dog is going to have to stay in uk for four months after we leave for aus before he's able to fly over. parairs quote is v.reasonable and there fairly local but not seen hardly anything about them mentioned here or elsewhere so putting me off a bit??? rehoming dog isnt an option... he comes or we dont go lol!! thanks in advance. x

it's weird no one seems to have heard about them or used them.. there website says there longest establised pet shippers... been looking at there facebook page and they send loads of dogs to aus!! there literally about ten miles away and quote was good but im wary of having seen no first hand experience. Sent for quotes from petair and airpets but not heard back yet. X

Hi

We used Parair 18months ago as we were living in Essex.

I can recommend them. Although they were quite blunt, they looked after our cat, they turned up when they said they would and told us everything we needed to know. We even had to pay for a stay in Sydney for the cat as perth was fully booked for several months and they also booked the additional flights. When our cat arrived, she had been well looked after and in very good condition.

Any question, please ask as I can put your mind at rest.

Our contact in Essex was Sally

Our little dog has been forced to stay with ParAir for six months (4 months served) due to a shambles of a vets practice and we cannot praise ParAir enough for all what they have done!

They post regular pictures on Facebook and have always kept us up to date on the process. We've been dealing with Rachel there who has been fantastic.

We only lived 15min away so knew of them before booking. They also come out the cheapest out if three quotes received, but the important thing has been the level of service we(including Mitzi the dog) have received.

Have a look at the Facebook page, reassures us every time:)

Our little dog has been forced to stay with ParAir for six months (4 months served) due to a shambles of a vets practice and we cannot praise ParAir enough for all what they have done!

They post regular pictures on Facebook and have always kept us up to date on the process. We've been dealing with Rachel there who has been fantastic.

We only lived 15min away so knew of them before booking. They also come out the cheapest out if three quotes received, but the important thing has been the level of service we(including Mitzi the dog) have received.

Have a look at the Facebook page, reassures us every time:)

I spent a couple of hours the other night looking thru all the pics on there facebook page and your right, its very reassuring. they all look happy and seem to get good walks/offleash time ect ect which is good.. is the mitzi thats on there your lil one??? shes cute!!

Our cat was only in there possession for a couple of days until her flight but the service was great and we were kept up to date. Also there was no surprise invoices as I've found with some other companies

thankyou.. really good to here from people who have used them. Been doing some looking round online and found a fair few more good reviews on expat forums... there more popular than i first thought so im happy.

we are going to accept there quote.

I spent a couple of hours the other night looking thru all the pics on there facebook page and your right, its very reassuring. they all look happy and seem to get good walks/offleash time ect ect which is good.. is the mitzi thats on there your lil one??? shes cute!! .

The little white furball tigger-like jumping frisbee catching rat of a Mitzi dog....yep, that's our lil girl:) Only another six weeks. Feels like eternity!!

The little white furball tigger-like jumping frisbee catching rat of a Mitzi dog....yep, that's our lil girl:) Only another six weeks. Feels like eternity!!

Shes cute!! you must be missing her like mad... she looks happy tho!! xx i hope the six weeks go quickly for you.

I really feel so torn... going without him isn't really an option but on the other hand im SO SO worried about how he'l cope. He's a nervy/scatty dog (really doesnt like men) and needs patience and understanding.. and i dont know how well he'l cope in kennels, hes never been for more than a week. scared he'l forget us and think we've abandoned him!!

hes used to runs on the beach everyday and altho i know he'l have walks in the kennels it wont be the same... he's high energy.

urgh all such a headache. I'm more worried about getting the dog there than everything else put together!!

Sorry hope you dont mind me asking... but did you need to pay for everything upfront or in installments as the time goes along? the quote for sending him to aus is in line with what we expected and have saved but the kenneling costs for 4mths are going to add up and we dont have this available immediately. You dont have to answer if you dont want!! Just dont know how it works.

thanks so much.x

No worries Tatty:) We paid a lump sum upfront, another payment last week, then the balance before she flys.

We know how you feel, we had another dog who we got from a rescue home when he was two. He was badly beaten and mistreated by his previous owner. We felt with all he had been through it would tear him apart, being kennelled, shipped here an there so luckily found him a perfect home with our friends retired parents. Still miss him loads but know it was the right decision and he's living the life if Riley:)

Mitzi on the other hand, we know she is going to fine, just feel sorry for the people trying to handle her!! Was told they have a 6 month memory so sent over some of the kids soft toys last month in the hope the scent will keep the memories alive!

Anything else give us a hola:)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks bugsy... we're booked up with them now.. been to look round at the kennels where he'l be staying and met the girl who will be looking after him who was really lovely so we're feeling as calm as can be about it all !! never did hear back with a quote from petair and airpets were extortionate. thanks again. x