Welcome to the Perth Poms Forum.
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
      Liked
      37 times
      Status
      Quote Originally Posted by dunnyboy View Post
      I used to have a gsx1400 k2 in blue and white ( the fastest colours.... had it for 8 years.. sold it because I found it too heavy with my aching back.
      I agree I have the blue and white K3. I love it and find it so comfortable I can ride it all day. Compared to my bandit 650 k8 I had previously I find it much lighter to handle and throw about. Hope WA change the helmet certification in line with Qld so I can bring my uk lid Arai RX-7 GP Haslam only had it couple of years and cost me fortune.

2. John Mason International Movers
      PSS International Movers

Title
      Liked
      11 times
      Status
      Quote Originally Posted by vixie99 View Post
      Hi Steve, brought in hubbys motorbike 3 years ago. Main thing is the amount of documents you have to produce to send off, evidence of continuous ownership, proof of ownership (yes they are different), plus the long form. All documents have to be verified as originals by someone in uk (again strict list of who can do this), cost wise - we got it in with our car in container, yes there is an import tax but it's not huge. It has to be cleaned within an inch of its life to pass quarantine and any good removalist will crate it for you. pM me if you want more details and I'll try find the paperwork

if you could give me some details / pointers, that would be really helpful....

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Status
      Price of bikes and cars have dropped quite a lot here over the last few years, check out on Gumtree. You might be surprised. As for safer riding here, that's not how I feel, 50% of Aussies have permanent road rage & poor driving skills! but you do keep aware of your surroundings!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Status
      HI Vixie 99 ANY HELP ABOUT BRINGING A CAR FROM ENGLAND TO OZ[PS WOULD BRING IT IN VIA MY CONTAINER ]WOULD HELP LIKE COST OF PAPERWORK HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET APPROVAL ETC ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED MANYBTHANKS DAVE

Title
      Liked
      11 times
      Status
      thought i would give a quick update here.
      well ive been granted permission to import the bike. the form filling is fairly easy... its all done on line now so you need to be able to scan all documents and then upload them to the form.
      its just having your documents to hand i:e log book, mot cert , insurance cert, driving licence, passport, bill of sale etc..
      if you have sorned your vehicle, get it back on the road for atleast 12 months before you intend to apply
      i thought the hardest part would be the statement of travel, i just wrote a bit about how and when ive used my bike.

then when you have filled the form, pay your money $50 and then wait up to 20 working days.
      and that is more or less it for this side of the world.

when it arrives in aus you will have to have it inspected for compliance etc, pay import duty etc.... il post more when ive got through that bit.

right, off to clean the bike within an inch of its life.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Status
      I would be very interested also!
      we have just been granted our visa and will be moving late 2017.
      I have a few bikes which I will have to sell as I read somewhere that you can only import 1?
      1997 V max and a 95 duc 916,
      Ill be taking the ducait 916 as its too much of a nest egg to sell,
      The resale value would still be in my favor over there however Im really not fussed about that as I do NOt intend to sell,,,, ever... if I can help it.

I know the import duty % rates etc however if you could possibly outline in a simple format your total costs for shipping your bike start to finish once known?

Thanks and good luck with the move!

Title
      Liked
      11 times
      Status
      application for permit to import is $50
      transporting the bike has added around 700 to the cost of shipping our goods in the container.
      On landing there, there is customs valuation, GST and AQIS processing fee = $690
      'temporary movement permit' (Dept of Transport) - $21. Valid for one day
      You take it to assessment centre (be prepared to wait a while) where they will inspect it and Fail it, due to no Australia compliance plate. Cost of inspection $65
      You get a sticker which you then have to send off to Victoria (Niddrie Nameplates), another $86 (inc GST). They send you back a little yellow sticker. DO NOT STICK IT ON BIKE YOURSELF.
      You repeat process, another temp movement permit. $21

• Letton Percival provide shipping insurance for your international move

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12