• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: importing my motorbike

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Status

importing my motorbike

hi guys.... we are coming over in November of this year and I would like to bring my bike as I know the price of used stuff is stupid.
      its a 2002 Yamaha fzs600 worth around 1700 or $3200.
      I have a few questions and any info would be great. I would like to just stick it in our container if possible... I know I will get stung for cleaning/ quarrentien costs... any idea of costs.. ball park ?
      whats this points thing ive read about?
      how much form filling at this end and in aus.... I know the aussies like a form ;-)

if anybody can shed as much light as possible on any of the pro's cons and pitfalls, I would be very grateful.

cheers, steve.

2. John Mason International Movers
      PSS International Movers

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Status
      Hi Steve, brought in hubbys motorbike 3 years ago. Main thing is the amount of documents you have to produce to send off, evidence of continuous ownership, proof of ownership (yes they are different), plus the long form. All documents have to be verified as originals by someone in uk (again strict list of who can do this), cost wise - we got it in with our car in container, yes there is an import tax but it's not huge. It has to be cleaned within an inch of its life to pass quarantine and any good removalist will crate it for you. pM me if you want more details and I'll try find the paperwork

Title
      Liked
      73 times
      Status
      Hi mate,
      i would say your about on the money for the resale value at about $3000 to $3500 that of course wouldn't include the cost of getting it here
      a mate brought a bike out from the UK and managed to get it on the road and sorted apart from when he come to try and sell it it did take longer to move becouse it was an import even tho the same bike could be purchased here in WA.

one othere thing to consider is are you sure you want to ride here, I have owned bikes since I arrived 3 years ago and I'm just about to give it up and sell my Ducati Diavel I just feel it's not that safe here and the heat in summer is not great sitting on a bike in 40 degrees

i don't want to put you off and of course this is based on my experience but just something to think about,,,,,

abc

Title
      Liked
      73 times
      Status
      I've been riding here for over eight years without issue, had more near death experiences in the uk than ever had here!!!
      Agreed it's too hot at 40, but we really haven't had 40 degree days much over the last few years that I can remember, definitely better riding in winter here!

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Status
      hi guys... thanks to all of you for replying.... I'm looking forward to getting out in some sunny weather....after all of these.. well... british summers.

we have been out to aus quite a few times over the years... my other halfs brother and sister live in WA and we have many friends that have emigrated out to perth too.. we are the last of the bunch to do it, so we have a good idea of the temps out there and are looking forward to it.

I know the aussies have a unique style of driving and I kind of used to it.

once again thanks, and any info would be great

cheers, steve.

abc

Title
      Liked
      73 times
      Status

Weather!!!!

Title
      Liked
      37 times
      Status
      I have been contemplating whether it's worth bringing our bikes too. A 2003 GSX1400 and 2009 250ninja. I think I may struggle with the 250 as it isn't used but owned from new. I know the colours of my Gsx are not available in oz and there's not that many in sale ads but is it worth it. Also not sure if my helmet would be legal as it's got one of the EC stickers inside etc.

abc

Title
      Liked
      73 times
      Status
      Your helmet won't be legal!
      But I can possibly assist in making it legal! Wink wink!

Title
      Liked
      37 times
      Status
      That sounds interesting. I know my helmet is legal to use in Queensland now they are accepting ECE 22.05 compliment helmets. Hopefully the other states will follow suit too by the time I get out there in a couple of years as I love my helmet and it is a very good one being an Arai RX-7 GP Haslam.
      abc likes this.

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Status
      I used to have a gsx1400 k2 in blue and white ( the fastest colours.... had it for 8 years.. sold it because I found it too heavy with my aching back.

• Letton Percival provide shipping insurance for your international move

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast