Travel times from Currambine to CBD

DevKJ

Hi folks in Perth,

I am seriously considering moving to Perth. While I was selecting a few candidate suburbs over the internet, Burns beach/Iluka/Currambine areas came up.

From the TransPerth site, the approx travel time with trains from Currambine to Perth Underground station takes 29min (trains are every 10min). This is absolutely the best scenario case I think.

How about in real life? Are those trains normally OK? Are there lots of delays? How crowded are they? I heard that traffic on the freeway is pretty horrible - sounds like taking trains is way better idea.

Do actually lots of people commute from Burns beach/ Currambine area in peak times?

Looking forward to your reply + thanks in advance!

Transperth generally offer a excellent service and trains are normally on time.

However, yes all services are VERY popular and can get very packed. But, being towards the end of a line means that you would probably get a seat.

Driving is is generally not recommended at peak times / for commuting. Not only can the traffic be bad, but few employers offer a parking space and paid parking can be VERY expensive.

Hi folks in Perth,

I am seriously considering moving to Perth. While I was selecting a few candidate suburbs over the internet, Burns beach/Iluka/Currambine areas came up.

From the TransPerth site, the approx travel time with trains from Currambine to Perth Underground station takes 29min (trains are every 10min). This is absolutely the best scenario case I think.

How about in real life? Are those trains normally OK? Are there lots of delays? How crowded are they? I heard that traffic on the freeway is pretty horrible - sounds like taking trains is way better idea.

Do actually lots of people commute from Burns beach/ Currambine area in peak times?

Looking forward to your reply + thanks in advance!

Yes lots of people commute from this area and the service is generally pretty good. I would never drive, freeway traffic awful and parking in the CBD costly.

Google maps have a public transport option, so you can see how to get from one place to another, with times etc.

Transperth is clean, cheap and *fairly* reliable. I think I've had issues 2 days in 5 years.

I picked a random place in Burns, and it says about an hour to the city (Bus to Joodalup, Train to City, then a walk to wherever the office is).

Remember, winters here are very wet and summers are very warm. Not very good for a walk to the station at 7am to be at work for 8:30.

Being at the end of a line makes it easy to get on, the trains that get into the city at 9am are busier than the ones arriving at 7am.

Also, being an hour out the City on a weekday, means it'll be a bit longer on a Saturday/Sunday. Hour on public transport to 'pop' into the city for a show/event isn't ideal. Most people would drive it.

In the last 5 years I've been using public transport to all over, but mainly within Zone1 or Zone2 (Bibra Lake, Como, South Perth, Vic Park, Bayswater, Scarborough - with loads of trips on the footy trains out to Subbi).

Parking can be got in the city for $10 a day, but you have to be in early, and out early.

Hi I live in Currambine and work in the city. The train takes around 30mins and always on time and I always get a seat. I have a smart rider and pay just under $10 a day. I did drive once and it took an hour and parking was quite expensive ($23 p/d). An uber from the city after a night out costs around $40. We love it in Currambine and it's great being within walking distance to the train station.