Buying a car in Australia cannot possibly be as complicated a task as I'm turning it into. I'm a very sensible & capable adult but I'm bamboozling myself. I've read sooooo many forums/guides & I think they're each calling the same thing something slightly different.
can I just clarify what I think I need......
(I know dealers sort out the additional bits but I want to have in my head what's required)
- Roadworthy cert
- Stamp duty (is this the same as tax that some guides refer to?)
- Registration transfer fee
- Insurance over & above the mandatory 3rd party
driving licence uk-aus
- licence transfer fee (approx $41)
- licence fee for 5 yrs (approx $132)
Have I missed anything?