Shipping personal items only

Guest Lucy G

Hi, bit new to all this but would really like some advice regarding shipping. We are planning to migrate next year but I am trying to find our the costs of shipping. We are only going to ship our personal items such as pictures, dvds, kids toys & 2 kids bikes etc & would really like to know if anyone else did this and how much it costs etc please. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated please

Guest claire261

Hello,

We have just sent out 3 boxes Tea ctns with our personnel stuff, kids toys, hubby work gear etc on friday. Sent with Anglo Pacific. Rang them one day they sent boxes out following day and collected 3 weeks later. Cost us £80 per box and will arrive beginning of April. Rest of our stuff goes in container in March..Hope this helps.

Claire

Guest Lui A xxx

Hi,

We only sent 10 boxes..!!...and used a company called U-Bag. We paid for the door to door service...and it worked out about £80 per box....but ultimately goes on weight. Boxes were collected on a Wednesday, we arrived in Perth on the Monday after...and then customs rang us on the Tuesday...!!...

fab service..!!..

Hope this helps..

xxx

Thank u so much both of you. I know I'm thinking way ahead of myself as we won't be able to move til next yr probably but it is something we can't decide what is the best way. To only ship personal goods and start again or ship the lot? My main concern with shipping the lot is how to do live (ie sleep etc) in UK & Oz while waiting for stuff to arrive. We have 3 young children and really wonder how other people do it.

You guys seem like you're both really close to moving how exciting!!! Has it been a quick process for you? Where are you headed?

Thanks again for your help though.

Lucy x

Just another thought...how big are the boxes they send you so I can get some idea of how many we would need? Also can you fit a bmx in them or do you know of another way you can send bikes as my kids don't really want to leave them behind understandably.

Many thanks again

Lucy