Motorbike

PReilly

Hi all I am looking for some information from ye as I amlooking to bring over my motorbike and have been told from 1 company that Ihave to remove petrol, oil and brake fluid has anybody had to do this as Ithink there are wrong, if there are right if say I was bring a car I would haveto do same so how do they move it about on the boat?

As I am bring the bike from Ireland also I am looking for companies that any ofyou have used so I can ring them or email them:arghh::arghh:

Paul

Guest guest1337

I think but not 100% certain that you do have to remove fuel from vehicles before they can be transported! Although I don't think oil and brake fluid have to be removed! A mate of mine shipped a car over and only emptied the fuel.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

They talking rubbish, I just brought my car over, the only thing they wanted removing was the dirt and the gas from the aircon, all I did was clean it, but that wasnt good enough, I had to pay another $400.00 to have it cleaned, I got it back dirtier after they cleaned it, it was cleaner before they cleaned it, big con, bet the fella from AQIS has shares in the cleaning company, as for the gas from the aircon, plead ignorance :biglaugh:

talking bikes my hubs has been having a look about for a bike and wow is he suprised at the prices bleeding rip off and now wishes he had ship our r1 with beautiful virgin paint work over ...................... be a long time before we have a bike me thinks. but have found out that our movers have put my ebay items for sale in our container alloy wheels for a honda superdream and a titanum exhaust for an r1 oh dear me any takers come sept 1st :o)

ps cheshire cat what bike do u have by the way ....:o)

Guest guest1337

I currently have a Honda CB900 Hornet, but thinking of going sports again soon! Maybe a GSXR 1000!!!??? Had a crash broke collar bone and wasn't comfy on a sports, but recovered now so will be on the lookout!!!

Bikes are expensive here, but they do hold their value well, I've had bikes and sold them for what I paid for them 12 months later!!

Guest guest1337

I have a mate selling a 05 ninja 636, excellent condition, $6k its a bargin, hardly been ridden the last 6 months hence he's selling!

whats the mileage on it mr cat :o) and servicing ???? my beloved it out on site now for the next 2 weeks ............. and im still stuck in blighty for the next 5 weeks im counting the days now .............. just hope my plaster cast comes off on the 18/7 but im am still flying on the 28/7 come hell or high water ........................................

Guest guest1337

About 40,000kms roughly, has service history inc recent one, not sure how far back history is, tyres are good, it's a nice bike and for Perth very good price! He bought it from Mack 1 Kawasaki in Midland. Think its got power commander, nice sounding Micron pipe! Not too loud though!

Mine is a GSXR100 they are a very nice bike as I bought it from new and spent 2000 on some parts

Get a permit and bring it, I sold my 2007 GSXR 750 K7 for peanuts, it had £4K worth of extras including a £1000 yoshi pipe that had done 100miles, now im bleeding thinking about what I let go and what I will have to pay for another one, you nearly have to pay new price for the same year and model

Guest 7555doctor
Hi all I am looking for some information from ye as I amlooking to bring over my motorbike and have been told from 1 company that Ihave to remove petrol, oil and brake fluid has anybody had to do this as Ithink there are wrong, if there are right if say I was bring a car I would haveto do same so how do they move it about on the boat?

As I am bring the bike from Ireland also I am looking for companies that any ofyou have used so I can ring them or email them:arghh::arghh:

Paul

Well paul how you getting on in Perth??

i will ask my brother about shipping for you he took a few cars out of japan to ireland he mite have a few company names for you

think the import duty is the one to watch out for??

• 3 months later...
Guest stevemurphy

any update?im leaving to go to perth in a few weeks and want to bring my zx9r with me,its 98,but the bike is mint and only has 12k on it?the bike is worth about 1800 here in ireland.

so what type of duty and charges can i expect in australia on it?

Guest guest1337
any update?im leaving to go to perth in a few weeks and want to bring my zx9r with me,its 98,but the bike is mint and only has 12k on it?the bike is worth about 1800 here in ireland.

Probably worth about $6000+ here!!!!!

Steve, Its all about landed value and GST, have a look at the generic spread sheet I have attached thanks to Karman shipping, go online and find out what your bike would be worth in the UK using a web site like Red Book or Glasses guide, then do the same on the Australian websites, fill in as much information as you can and it will calculate it for you, when i brought my Mini over this time last year, customs did me a huge favour and used a lower value than the valuation I had from Red Book AU, its still well worth bringing your bike over, have a look on bikesales.au and find your bike, in WA, bikes are more expensive that the rest of the country so make sure you search WA or Perth and nor Melbourne

Car-Shipping-Victoria-Costs-Generic(1).pdf

Hi There all

A mate at work will soon be heading out to Perth i got this in an email from him

"The movers seem to be a bunch of cowboys, they refused to provide a shipping quote for my bike as apparently from their experience my motorbike will be seized instantly and not released for several months incurring massive cost to them."

I don’t know who the company are, have any of you peps come across this issue or is it that they just don’t want to take the bike?

As always any help will be great

Thanks Mark

Hi There all

A mate at work will soon be heading out to Perth i got this in an email from him

"The movers seem to be a bunch of cowboys, they refused to provide a shipping quote for my bike as apparently from their experience my motorbike will be seized instantly and not released for several months incurring massive cost to them."

I don’t know who the company are, have any of you peps come across this issue or is it that they just don’t want to take the bike?

As always any help will be great

Thanks Mark

It will be if you didnt get an import permit for it, you can apply for a permit once landed, but then you are in for a fine, storage fees etc etc etc, the list is endless, if you have a permit and the bike is clean then you have no worries, but your shipper may not want to clear it from customs, this too is not too much of a hassle, before you leave the uk, either get a red book valuation or if you have the original invoice take that, then get an Aussie red book valuation, you will need both when you go visit customs to get it cleared