Airport Transfers

emyc468

Hi All

We are moving over in March and plan to hire a car for the first couple of weeks while we look for one to buy. We were thinking of picking up the hire car close to our short term let the day after our arrival and getting a transfer from the airport, simply because with two infants I can't find a car to hire that will be big enough for all our luggage!

Has anyone got any recommendations for either companies that do airport transfers or car hire that drop off to your address? Any other suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Em

Thanks portlaunay but will a taxi take two infants? Only black cabs will in the UK because they can sit on an adults lap whereas a normal taxi can't legally carry them because they have to be in a car seat. We will have car seats as part of our luggage but they are isofix point attachment which I don't know if taxis will have?

Your UK car seats can't legally be used here as far as I'm aware so I doubt a taxi driver would let you put them in their car anyway and a car hire company probably wouldn't allow it either.

If there isn't a suitable car at the rank they should radio one for you otherwise you could try Uber.

You won't have been the only people in this situation so there will be an easy solution.

Portlaunay have you ever heard of a car rental company checking the car seats? We were over a few months ago and used Hertz & our UK car seats and no one checked. Our car seats are the new isize European safety standard which I have looked into and are better rated than the current Aussie standard. Australia are meant to be following Europe and hopefully won't take too long about it. They are isofix and top-tether so at first appearance they may get away with it?

I'm sure they'll fit and I doubt anyone will check but if you prang it, whether it had anything to do with the car seats or not you can bet the insurance will wriggle out of it.

If you get a tug and the cops are on the ball you'll also have them to deal with.

It's a risk only you can decide to take but car seats are cheap, I'd be inclined to save dragging them around the world in favor of picking up a couple of new ones at K-mart

Have a look at http://airporttransfer.com.au/ In my previous work role I used this company innumerable times over the past 8 or 9 years to collect new employees and their families from the airport and take them directly to their accommodation. They can provide a large minivan and car seats and are extremely helpful and efficient. You can contact Dean the owner direct by email and organise your booking that way if you prefer.