Is email visa enough at check in??

moss2oz

I know this may be a silly question to some but am just a little concerned that all I have is an email confirming our visa grant. I am assuming it is enough now that everything is electronic, so to speak. So, for those who have already flown, when you get to the airport do you just show them the printed email as confirmation??:unsure:

When you are getting organised to come here all sorts of questions pop into your head at the most ridiculous times and you need an answer, so then you can move onto the next niggly question, those that are here already have been there and done that and know those little questions really can take over your life until you have the answers (and no I'm not joking, I remember many a night waking at 2.00am in a blind panic because of a question). You do not need any physical evidence of having been granted your visa, they just need your passport, but if you are like me, I always carried a copy around just in case, and when you first get here I did need to show my actual visa for things like the bank etc, but that was just so that you put on the record that I had PR.

We have had to produce paper copies of our visa for certain things like rental agreement, Medicare, Centre Link for the Oz version of child benefit, bank account opening, but that was purely for future use in case we needed a loan or a mortgage. The mortgage company we are using needed a physical hard copy and so did the bank's solicitors, so it is handy to have a couple printed off ready to go.

It actually costs you to have a visa label stuck in your passport nowadays, the cheeky bas*^ds have the Gaul to charge you for a visa label after you have spent thousands getting the bl@@dy visa issued in the first place.................don't get me started :mad:

and no, you don't need one, it's all electronic, but as others have mentioned, keep a copy of the visa grant letter with you until all is sorted, you never know ...........:confused:

• 1 month later...