Where to meet half way?

Cat

Does anyone meet friends and family half way (ish) between Perth and UK? I'm thinking Dubai is a good option for a holiday with friends and only 1 flight each. But is there anywhere else? Any ideas welcome, thanks!

I too thought of doing that, would be a lot easier for elderly relatives.

but whenever I priced it up, a flight to Dubai has been more than a flight to the UK!!

so taking into account hotel costs etc, it hasn't been worth it and I've just ended up flying back.

qatar or Abu Dhabi may be different, just need to check out costs, but you can if flying get to all the places now from regional UK airports. Just need to check costs.

a cheaper option overall, but a longer flight for you, could be, when there is a European flight sale on, to book for somewhere like Spain or Greece, no more expensive, sometimes cheaper than getting to the UK.

Chip in for a nice holiday villa, the relatives can get a budget flight over.

If the relatives are willing to do it, then maybe Singapore?? You can get a budget flight from here, five hours flying for you, longer for them, but can still do it without any transit stops??

Wouldnt bother stopping at Qatar for a holiday, I spent 6 months working there, very little to nothing to do, anything longer than a week and you will be bored out of your mind, they are also not as liberal as Dubai, but not as stringent as Saudi, europeans woman are looked down on so be carefull what you wear, if you are transiting through the airport it doesnt matter, Dubai is the answer, plenty to see and do, but expensive.

Thanks guys, you're absoutely right, the price of flights to Dubai is just as much as UK. Probably not a good plan. It seems like there is no easy option to halfway. I know that's the price we pay to live in this wonderful country. We've only been here 10 mth, so still working out how we manage everything.

When I've looked at flights to Greece from Perth, they are longer than flying back to the UK because you have to go through somewhere like Dubai then to Athens then whichever Island...any suggestions on airlines or routes that are more direct. Both our parents like to holiday in Greece so would be lovely to meet there for a holiday.

thanks!