Removals - what not to take!

cutchibear

Morning all

Hubby and I were discussing which items we would transport down under...bit of furniture, baby's toys, pictures and other keepsakes. Not too much really.

Is it worth taking our Samsung tv, would it work out there? Likewise, our PS3?

Any other advice on things to bring/not to bother with would be greatly appreciated!

Laura

We gave lots of our stuff away and wished we had not. If you can bring, everything you own, even if it just tides you over until you know the exact size of long term house you will be living in. When you first get here you seem to be giving money away hand over fist, so not to have to buy big stuff would be a big advantage and then replace as and when you need to. We brought over all our tellies and we just got an adapter to get the normal "tv" here. Definitely bring a tumble dryer, even if you don't own one, as you might not use it a lot, but you will use it and they are very expensive to buy here.

My son has issues with his PS3, seems the games are regionalised and the Aussie purchased games don't work on it, not sure if he found a software fix for it online, he may have done, I know he bought an Xbox in the meantime, also remember AQIS have an issue with 'Natural' products, so don't bring anything like cane furniture are wicker baskets, wax candles or dried flowers etc, also watch out for your Xmas tree, a lot of them use painted pine cones for decoration.

Thanks for the reply! Useful things to consider!

Hadnt thought about our xmas tree and decs!

With regards to the PS3, so we should be able to switch it on and play our saved music on it? That's all we are bothered about as don't tend to play games. Presume it would play UK dvds but perhaps not aussie ones then like the games. Thanks @Druid

Thanks for the reply! Useful things to consider!

Hadnt thought about our xmas tree and decs!

With regards to the PS3, so we should be able to switch it on and play our saved music on it? That's all we are bothered about as don't tend to play games. Presume it would play UK dvds but perhaps not aussie ones then like the games. Thanks @Druid

Not being a PS3 expert, I would think anything that is saved to the hard drive will not be affected, as for any UK games you bring with, I know the Blue Ray DVD side still works.

We brought our ps3's and the kids play Oz and UK dvd's and games on theirs and have had no problems, they got Oz dvd's and games for xmas and have had no problems playing them at all. We actually watch tv through our playstation 3 so I would bring it.

a friend of mine made the trip and sold everything here in the Uk before heading out and really wished he had shipped it instead. Not only because of the cost of buying new items but he also thought it would have made him slightly less homesick to have had familiar furniture/items around.