Hello Everyone!!

HANCOX FAMILY

Hi All,

We are new to this forum and thought we'd say Hi!

We are a family of 4 (children 7 + 3 years old) and are hoping to move to Perth within the next 2 years. I passed my skills assessment in October 2015 for Plumber general, and I recently just passed my IELTS! (which was an absolute nightmare!!)

I submitted my EOI last week so now just waiting patiently for an invite. Hopefully won't keep us waiting to long!!! lol :arghh:

Hopefully the wait won't be too long. We submitted our EOI in July and we're invited to apply within a few days (they have set dates when they look at the EOI). Our full is as along with medicals and police checks were submitted on Aug 12th. We had a call from our agent on the 16th to say our visas were granted!! All systems go here so hopefully you won't have a long wait.

Kate

Hi,

Welcome aboard, well done in passing the IELTS, that's a bug hurdle to get out if the way. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long, our EOI was submitted in June and we had to wait until the first round in July due to hubby's occupation's cap being reached.

Best of luck, Jen

Hopefully the wait won't be too long. We submitted our EOI in July and we're invited to apply within a few days (they have set dates when they look at the EOI). Our full is as along with medicals and police checks were submitted on Aug 12th. We had a call from our agent on the 16th to say our visas were granted!! All systems go here so hopefully you won't have a long wait.

Kate

Hi Kate,

What visa are you applying for? We are going for 189 skilled independant and we had all of our docs uploaded on Mon 22nd and haven't heard yet, are you a higher priority than us?

Jen

Kate

My Fingers are crossed its soon! :)

If you don't mind me asking, what points score did you have? and was it 189 skilled visa?

P.s That is really quick, well done!

I've checked the invitation rounds, they are every two weeks, one was today but nothing has come through yet :sad:

Hi,

Welcome aboard, well done in passing the IELTS, that's a bug hurdle to get out if the way. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long, our EOI was submitted in June and we had to wait until the first round in July due to hubby's occupation's cap being reached.

Best of luck, Jen

Thanks Jen! I take it you got invited in the first round in July then? What total points did you guys have?

I know you get ranked on how many points you have. Then the people with the most points get invited first.... We've got 65, hope that puts us in a good Que position lol

Mines is 189 skilled independent visa for preprimary teacher.

To speed up the next bit you could get your police checks as they are valid for 12mths. Also research where you can have your medicals - we were lucky as they managed to squeeze our appointment in. Once we were assigned a case worker we only had about a 3 week deadline to have everything in! I was so glad I'd already hot the police checks as they take a couple of weeks.

Hopefully you'll hear soon.

K

I recommend against getting medicals or police checks yet as it doesn't speed up the process - they just sit in the background. But, the issue is that you must make your fist entry into Australia within 12 months of the medical or police check which ever is the earlier. Add in there are millions of reasons that can cause delays and you can find you only have a very short time to enter.

For example, a few years ago immigration suddenly went on strike and we had members have visas delayed by months and more than one either had to redo them and others had to enter within a matter of a few weeks. There can also be delays to individuals due to lots of reasons.

We only had 3 weeks from getting our case worker to deadline day! It takes 10 working days for your police check and we only managed to get a medical appointment because they had a cancellation.

I would advise to find out where your nearest place to get the medicals is and as soon as you get your invite to apply get the ball rolling.

It took about 3 weeks to be asigned a case worker once we got the invite to apply.

We only had 3 weeks from getting our case worker to deadline day! It takes 10 working days for your police check and we only managed to get a medical appointment because they had a cancellation.

I would advise to find out where your nearest place to get the medicals is and as soon as you get your invite to apply get the ball rolling.

It took about 3 weeks to be asigned a case worker once we got the invite to apply.

All I can say is that in all my years on the forums, I have never seen anyone not get their visa because they have waited until the CO has requested them and not being able to do them in time. But I have seen many cases of people have major issues because they did them too early.

Thanks Jen! I take it you got invited in the first round in July then? What total points did you guys have?

I know you get ranked on how many points you have. Then the people with the most points get invited first.... We've got 65, hope that puts us in a good Que position lol

Hi, yes the first round in July, we had just the minimum 60 points. 2 weeks now since meds and police checks uploaded and still nothing. This is by far the hardest wait :frown: