Moving to Perth

abey1

Dear all

We are planning to come to Perth for our validation run in a week's time.

Can you please suggest a place where we can stay for about 1 1/2 weeks? Close to Perth city?

And what else we can get done during this period? We will be coming to settle in Jan 2017.

Thank you!!!!

If youre thinking of going further South I can recommend the Baldivis Farm Stay, lovely and quiet to unwind after a days fact finding. 5 minutes from freeway, 45 minutes to city. Near to Rockingham, Mandurah etc. If youre coming with kids theres loads of safe space to run around.

Its clean, very well equipped, theres nothing you need except food and beer for the fridge!! Its on AirBnB with pictures, they don't do it justice though!

Jase

Mont Clare Apartments on Hay St East Perth are pretty good too. Friends have stayed there a few times and they seemed very nice when we visited.

Verystormy's comment is well worth taking note of too. We often hear people say they are moving to a suburb or area without every having seen it, and when they do, change their minds. In fact that happened to us when we first came out. A place can feel so very different to how you perceive when you just go for a walk around and don't just drive around.

Let us know how you go and if you want info on places.... get back to us with questions.

Thank you Ross. I had a look at Mont Clare and seems good. With reasonable prices. And in the city..Yes as verystormy said our plan is to look for a good suburb also in this trip. This is our validation trip. And planning to settle in perth in early 2017. Thanks a lot for your help. Will defiantly let you know how it goes.

• 2 months later...
Mont Clare Apartments on Hay St East Perth are pretty good too. Friends have stayed there a few times and they seemed very nice when we visited.

Verystormy's comment is well worth taking note of too. We often hear people say they are moving to a suburb or area without every having seen it, and when they do, change their minds. In fact that happened to us when we first came out. A place can feel so very different to how you perceive when you just go for a walk around and don't just drive around.

Let us know how you go and if you want info on places.... get back to us with questions.

Hi Rossmoyne 5 days in Perth and finally got a car for ourselves. And aggressively looking for a place to rent. Made few applications and waiting results meanwhile looking for jobs..we like it in Perth but stressed until we find a place to stay and secure a job. Thanks for this forum as it give so much useful information and links. I use SEEK to apply for jobs and real estate.com for renting places. Are there any other places should I look out?? THANK YOU!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Rossmoyne 5 days in Perth and finally got a car for ourselves. And aggressively looking for a place to rent. Made few applications and waiting results meanwhile looking for jobs..we like it in Perth but stressed until we find a place to stay and secure a job. Thanks for this forum as it give so much useful information and links. I use SEEK to apply for jobs and real estate.com for renting places. Are there any other places should I look out?? THANK YOU!! .

Also bear in mind that cold calling asking about possible positions can be successful too. Not all jobs are advertised through agencies here and many a job has been picked up this way... might only be a casual position to start with, but it can lead to other things and certainly worth a consideration on your job hunting journey

Also bear in mind that cold calling asking about possible positions can be successful too. Not all jobs are advertised through agencies here and many a job has been picked up this way... might only be a casual position to start with, but it can lead to other things and certainly worth a consideration on your job hunting journey

Thanks Rossmoyne that seems to be a good suggestion I should try it right away!

Hi Abey

We have just broken the lease on a beautiful house in Rossmoyne if you are interested as we have just bought a house. Lease runs until May. Beautifully located by the river and close to Bull Creek train station - 10 mins on train to CBD. Let me know if you want more information.

I also have a big double room with en suite here in Riverton which I am renting out if you are looking for short term accommodation.

Thank you Ali

Hi Abey

We have just broken the lease on a beautiful house in Rossmoyne if you are interested as we have just bought a house. Lease runs until May. Beautifully located by the river and close to Bull Creek train station - 10 mins on train to CBD. Let me know if you want more information.

I also have a big double room with en suite here in Riverton which I am renting out if you are looking for short term accommodation.

Thank you mrspegs sent you a message for more details

Can't speak for Perth but absolutely not.

In Sydney, you generally pay 1 weeks rent in advance to secure the rental. Then you bring a cheque/bank draft for the bond when signing the lease and you get the keys. You cannot be obliged to pay rent more than 2 weeks in advance but may elect to do so, ie my Real Estate does it a calendar month in advance by Direct Debit on the 1st of the month which works for me.

Why are you paying 6 months in advance? There seems to be plenty of rentals available in Perth to make it a renter's market.