Welcome to the Perth Poms Forum.
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UK to perth

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      2572 times
      Status
      There are areas of Mandurah were you will find million $ properties. Mortgages here can be 30 years. I'm not sure how expensive childcare is here or if you get any assistance on a temporary visa.
      Lord make my words sweet and reasonable. For some day I may have to eat them

Title
      Liked
      2476 times
      Status
      First visas.

There is no guarantee of gaining PR from a 457. Some gain, some don't. As the occupation is only on the CSOL and only available for sponsorship by NT, you would require business sponsorship. Even if you later applied to NT, if living in Perth it would likely be refused. The problem with relying on PR by business sponsorship is many businesses refuse. Even when it is part of th contract, we regularly see it refused by companies and their is no way of forcing them.

You need to assume you will be returning at the end of the 457. It is what it says on the tin. A temporary visa with no automatic transition to PR.

A 457 also comes with a number of issues. You will not be entitled to any help with childcare or any other government benefits and technically, medical care is via international agreement.

One of the conditions is that if the main applicant were to lose their job for any reason, she would have 60 days to find another or you all have to leave the country.

Also, is she happy to be working full time after having a baby? It is a condition of a 457 that she does.

Be aware, you mention buying a franchise. This also has more hoops as first, it would require FIRB approval for none residents. Then there are issues with credit as you only have permission to be in the country for the duration of the 457. So, credit is often harder, on shorter terms and more expensive.

As for housing, average rental costs are $1800 a month. Mandurah is often a bit cheaper, but if working in Perth, this would mean a commute of 1 - 1.5 hours each way.

Title
      Liked
      187 times
      Status
      Quote Originally Posted by verystormy View Post
      First visas.

There is no guarantee of gaining PR from a 457. Some gain, some don't. As the occupation is only on the CSOL and only available for sponsorship by NT, you would require business sponsorship. Even if you later applied to NT, if living in Perth it would likely be refused. The problem with relying on PR by business sponsorship is many businesses refuse. Even when it is part of th contract, we regularly see it refused by companies and their is no way of forcing them.

You need to assume you will be returning at the end of the 457. It is what it says on the tin. A temporary visa with no automatic transition to PR.

A 457 also comes with a number of issues. You will not be entitled to any help with childcare or any other government benefits and technically, medical care is via international agreement.

One of the conditions is that if the main applicant were to lose their job for any reason, she would have 60 days to find another or you all have to leave the country.

Also, is she happy to be working full time after having a baby? It is a condition of a 457 that she does.

Be aware, you mention buying a franchise. This also has more hoops as first, it would require FIRB approval for none residents. Then there are issues with credit as you only have permission to be in the country for the duration of the 457. So, credit is often harder, on shorter terms and more expensive.

As for housing, average rental costs are $1800 a month. Mandurah is often a bit cheaper, but if working in Perth, this would mean a commute of 1 - 1.5 hours each way.
      You can get a rental in Mandurah a lot less than $1800 now. Just a quick glance from $300 pw upwards in my area for a 4x2. Although the train is 50 odd minutes you would have to factor driving to the station unless you lived close. Personally I wouldn't like the commute!
      AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015

Title
      Liked
      1264 times
      Status
      Quote Originally Posted by benj1980 View Post
      You can get a rental in Mandurah a lot less than $1800 now. Just a quick glance from $300 pw upwards in my area for a 4x2. Although the train is 50 odd minutes you would have to factor driving to the station unless you lived close. Personally I wouldn't like the commute!
      Yes but in what area?? Mandurah is no 9 on the latest crime report wellard being 10 in the local paper this week. Something to bear in mind. No disrespect but original poster seems to have rose tinted glasses on

Title
      Liked
      2476 times
      Status
      Yes, some areas can be cheaper, hence why I said Mandurah can be cheaper. But, that means a long commute. I used to commute Dawesville to Perth and it was just over 2 hours each way - didn't have a car then. With a car, it would still be about 1 hour 40.

The price I have given is for Perth average. But the most important point of the post if the OP must understand this is not a permanent move and should not be classed as such. If I had a penny for every 457 holder I have come across over the years who thought it would be only to find it wasn't, I would be a wealthy man now.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Status
      Hi , I don't have Rose tinted glasses on at all .

I'm here to gather as much information as possible as it's not just me making the jump it's also my 2 children .
      My partner is more than happy to work after having the baby .if we was planning to stay in the UK she would be going back to work also .

Crime is everywhere , I've not said that mandurah is crime free and a happy go lucky place . All I can really go by is Internet research . House prices , cost of living .

I'm also not in the mind set that this is easy or 90% of people would be doing it for the weather alone .

As I've quoted above IF we are successful in making it we wouldntvbe treating it as a holiday but the start of a new life . I'm well aware that some people fail and have to return to the UK , many people fail in the UK .it's life .

I would have around 120,000 set aside for this adventure so ive more than made sure if times get a little tough I'm covered to a degree .

I've seen many properties for 250/300 dollars per week which is reasonable.

Also my partner travels from near Southend to London everyday which is 1.35 mins each way door to door .

I'm not ranting but the Rose tinnted glass are far from my face
      Last edited by Dave1411; 20-01-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Title
      Liked
      2476 times
      Status
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave1411 View Post

I'm here to gather as much information as possible as it's not just me making the jump it's also my 2 children .
      My partner is more than happy to work after having the baby .if we was planning to stay in the UK she would be going back to work also .

Crime is everywhere , I've not said that mandurah is crime free and a happy go lucky place . All I can really go by is Internet research . House prices , cost of living .

I'm also not in the mind set that this is easy or 90% of people would be doing it for the weather alone .

As I've quoted above IF we are successful in making it we wouldntvbe treating it as a holiday but the start of a new life . I'm well aware that some people fail and have to return to the UK , many people fail in the UK .it's life .

I would have around 120,000 set aside for this adventure so ive more than made sure if times get a little tough I'm covered to a degree .

Also my partner travels from near Southend to London everyday which is 1.35 mins each way door to door .

But have you grasped there is a very good chance you will be coming back to the UK at the end of the 457? You need to assume you are. It is what is says on the tin. A temporary visa with no automatic path to PR.

Title
      Liked
      1264 times
      Status
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave1411 View Post

Exactly internet research it sonetimes falsifies things. Take heed of what peole who actual live and have lived here are saying. Its a total different game when your here. On the upside hubby and are are proof of 457 visa success but its not been an easy ride. We gained our,ENS 186 after only being here 16 mnths. Firstly we had redundacy threats then big wake uo call re PR visa all had to be lodged prior to hubbys 50 th birthday. Time was not on our side if we had waited the 2 years. His company and companies emigration solicitor acted pretty darn quick on this. So we are a huge exception to the rule 457 visa holders age against us transitioning to PR. But if your or wifes jobs listed why not apply for a PR visa yourselves straight off. The 457 visa rulings are changing think it will be abolished soon

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Status
      Thats why I'm here to speak to people who have had good experiences and bad .

There is 2 skills lists and my partners skill is on the list where you can't apply for PR straight away .

I am here to listen, if someone has has a bad experience then I'd like to hear about it ? What went wrong and why .

And just to add , there is 2 skills lists and my partner is on the 2nd skills list where you need sponsorship

I'm using the agency to try and make it as straight forward as possible , not a easy Route but honest Route . All in doing is trying

Verystormy what happened to you?

Title
      Liked
      187 times
      Status
      Quote Originally Posted by elfie View Post
      Yes but in what area?? Mandurah is no 9 on the latest crime report wellard being 10 in the local paper this week. Something to bear in mind. No disrespect but original poster seems to have rose tinted glasses on
      Wannanup/Falcon. Falcon has a mixed reputation but no real issues in Wannanup. Actually nearly all the house were Wannanup.
      AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015

•  
    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast