Welcome to the Perth Poms Forum.
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UK to perth

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Status

UK to perth

Hi ,my post has vanished!! New here and going through the visa app now as my gf of 20 years is a insurance broker and on the skills list .

Who else has made the big jump? Selling the house etc

I also want to bring my Audi RS4 ,sentimental reasons so advice here would be great

Dave
      Last edited by Dave1411; 16-01-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Title
      Liked
      98 times
      Status
      Hi Dave,

Congratulations on making the decision to move and welcome to the biggest adventure of your life! We have just moved and it is a week today since our plane left, no looking back yet! For peace of mind we used an agent, it costs more but with us both working full time and 2 girls in tow we didnt want the hassle of doing it all ourselves. We used The Emmigraton Group and were really pleased with them. It took about 10 months to get the visas. We sold our house, we listed it about a month after the visa application went in and we had an offer about 6 weeks after the visas were granted and this was by far the most stressful bit. We booked the flight and holiday accommodation the day the house exchanged contracts. The house completed the day before we flew and we are using moneycorp to transfer all our money to our Aussie bank account.

We didn't ship a car, so no advice there, but if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask, this forum really helped me along the journey so far.

Best of luck
      Decided to move Nov 15, skills assessment submitted engineers australia 29 Jan 16, Hubby IELTS passed 20 Feb 16, positive Skills assessment with Engineers Australia end Apr 16. EOI Submitted 11 June, Invitation to apply beginning July. Application submitted 11th July CO assigned after 3 weeks. House up for sale 6th Aug. Police checks back 10 Aug Meds booked 17th Aug. Visas granted 13th Sept, house sold 26th October. Landed 11th January '17

Title
      Liked
      1571 times
      Status
      Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. Ask away with any queries you have and hopefully someone can help you.

As far as importing a car in Australia goes, there are some threads on this in the Transport section of this forum. In the search window just type "Importing a car into Australia" and all the threads will pop up. Hopefully the information you require will be there.
      Treat others as you wish to be treated...... we all have different needs and views.... so be kind to everyone if you want them to be kind to you

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Status
      Hi everyone

Massive decision that's scary but I know a little way down the line life will be better.

I have a 5 year old son and another little boy due anytime now which has pushed me to make this choice, a better life

I'm using a company in London called Global migration who took the deposit yesterday and will arrange visa's and Job interviews.

So I guess now it's just time and putting everything into place ,I was advised to keep my house in the UK but unfortunately the money from the sale will set us up rent free for 2 years and leave a nice lump in the bank behind us so we can settle down.

How do you all find you fit In ? I guess that's a lot of people fears , I know my boys will be fine as kids meet new friends at school etc

This is also another question, is there school fees ?

So all in all exciting and scary at the same time but as a family we need change. Both working 50 plus hours a week to pay bills is no fun and I've had a mortgage since 21 and now I'm 38 with a fair way to go

You only live once :)
      Last edited by Dave1411; 17-01-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Title
      Liked
      2476 times
      Status
      Hi and welcome

Have you obtained a visa? At the moment, your occupation is only on the CSOL, which means you need a sponsor, the only state sponsoring is Northern Territory. This would almost certain to be a 489.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Status
      Hi not as yet ,the company are arranging it for us .my partners company also has a office in Perth so I'll see how we go .she is on the skills list and there is a franchise just south of Perth for sale in transport, exactly the same as what I do in the UK
      Last edited by Dave1411; 17-01-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Title
      Liked
      2476 times
      Status
      Ah, so a company sponsored 457 visa?

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Status
      Hi yes ,but we also have a migration agency getting nicola interviews etc . I'm trying to cover all bases first

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      2572 times
      Status
      If you are on 457 then this is only a temporary visa and there will be school fees.
      Lord make my words sweet and reasonable. For some day I may have to eat them

Title
      Liked
      187 times
      Status
      AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015

•  
    Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast