5 months before move and no accommodation

Guest luff900

Guest luff900

Hi , Im a newby to this site.

My partner Des and I have 5 months to go before the move from the uk to Perth (Joondalup) and getting a little nervous now. We still have not found accommodation,should i be worrying about this now? My partner and i get married on 3rd of May and due to fly out about a week later. Can anyone advise me on what Joondalup is like and where is good for renting . We need to rent for 3 months intially. My partner is going to training school in Joondalup for 13 weeks when we first get out there. We dont want to live somewhere to far away intially as we will only have the one car. Any peops who would be happy meet up for lunch when we get out there would be great.

Any help greatfully recieved .

Jo-anna

:-)

Hi Jo-anna, I'm new to this site as well I was introduced to it by a friend of mine. Try these websites for rentals reiwa.com or realestatewa.com.au. Joondalup is great there's a big shopping centre, cinemas, restaurants etc. The thing I love about here is the fresh air & clear blue skies. There is nothing in the uk u can't get here. I live near to Joondalup & have been here 5 yrs from the uk & have loved every minute of it. hope u do 2

Guest luff900

Thanks lainey I will take a look at those sites. Im actually a wheelchair user. Im quite sporty and cant wait to get our and about on my handbike and enjoy the fresh air and blue skies. What is the area like for hills etc. Im really hoping Joondalup and surrounding areas are pretty flat. Are you able to tell me about the area at all.

Thanks

Guest matthew & leanne

hello! have not got any answeres to your questions but just wanted to wish you good luck in your wedding and your move out to oz.weve just started the process of getting our visa and hope to be out by the end of the year. so good luck with it all. leanne an matthew

Thanks lainey I will take a look at those sites. Im actually a wheelchair user. Im quite sporty and cant wait to get our and about on my handbike and enjoy the fresh air and blue skies. What is the area like for hills etc. Im really hoping Joondalup and surrounding areas are pretty flat. Are you able to tell me about the area at all.

Thanks

The whole area is very flat so you should have no problems getting around at all. I'm sure you will love it in fact because of the good climate you will be able to get out & about a lot. I've seen a few people going around on the hand bikes. Just take it easy when you first arrive as it does get quite hot so you don't want to over do it. There is a huge sports arena in Joondalup it's a very sporty country so i'm sure there will be lots of other sports for you to get involved in.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest luff900

Julian , We have had a look at your site. Unfortunately we need a 1 storey building as I use a wheelchair to get around the place.

Thanks anyway

If you hear of any others please let me know

Hiya Luff, thats not a problem, we rent the top and bottom separate or both together.The bottom has access to the pool which is going in , in May and both front door and back are slopes , no steps Julian

Guest luff900

Julian,

My home email is Ju.luff@ntlworld.com

Would you be able to send me an Idea of what the home would cost during the periods of mid May to the middle of June 2008. Unfortunately we do not have exact dates at this time. My partner is joining WA police and waiting for confirmation from immigration of dates we can move.

It would be just the two of us and renting the bottom of half of the house. Would we have to share the place during this time with anyone else in the top half of the property.

Jo-Anna :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zaramatty

Hi Anna,

We will arrive in perth on 3rd may 2008 and also did not have anywhere to stay, i found a great website through google, just type 'stayz' and navigate towards the site, we managed to get a fully furnished house in Clarkson within 10mins, hope this helps

The Rodger familly

Andrew 39 cnc machinist, Mary 40 ITU nurse, Alexander 5 and Sam 3