- Thank you goes a long way - If someone has taken the time to discuss, and share their experiences with you then please be appreciative of that and thank them accordingly.
- We don't walk in their shoes - If someone is offering to share their experiences please do not belittle them, or make personal comments, or judgements, about their situation. It is not helpful to anyone, and only detracts from the discussion at hand.
- Communicating on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words. Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post. You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.
Please try and avoid placing your email address in any posts you make. There are automated programs (spambots) that trawl the internet, harvesting email address's which are then used to send unsolicited spam. As an alternative to using your email address, we recommend you use the forum's Private Messaging system when asking other members to contact you. When you receive a PM, you will be notified by email.
- Out of respect for the Original Poster, please try to keep postings on-topic, do not steer the thread in another direction without good reason. If required please start a new topic within a relevant forum.
- Please use the most descriptive title possible when creating a new thread and please only create your thread in one forum. Duplicate posts / threads may be deleted or merged.
- Be respectful to your fellow members, moderators and administrators, this is a friendly and great environment; we wish to keep it that way so please treat others as you would like to be treated and please respect other members rights to express an opinion which may differ to your own.
- Moderators may, if felt appropriate move your post if it becomes more relevant / pertinent to another part of the forum.
- Please remember that moderators are volunteer helpers that are here to ensure the forum runs smoothly. Please respect this if they have to contact you/edit/remove or add additional comments to your threads or posts.
- Should you have any issues with a moderator, then you should,in the first instance,attempt to resolve the issue via off-forum correspondence (email/PM) with the moderator concerned, however, please do this in a polite manner and note that personally abusing moderators will not be tolerated in these circumstances, alternatively you may prefer to resolve the matter by contacting the site administrator.
- Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but must not be placed in the public forums or on the visitor message board, any such threads will be removed by admin/mods and infractions may be issued. Abusing moderators will NOT be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Please keep your language clean and decent. This include personal inflammatory language as well as obscenities.
- You agree not to hold PerthPoms.com or its members liable for anything stated within the forums and that messages posted at this site are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster.
- Postings that are deliberately designed with the intention of driving traffic to a member's site, affiliated sites or other social networking sites/forums will be removed or edited, as the moderator(s) feels appropriate.
- PerthPoms.com is not the appropriate medium for settling personal or private disputes. This forum should not be used to attempt to resolve personal problems or to 'name & shame' fellow members, migration agents, service providers or anyone else. Posts that fall into this category may be deleted by moderators where it is considered necessary. Please email the company directly to attempt to resolve these issues in the first instance.
- Trolling will not be tolerated. (For the purposes of this forum, a 'troll' is defined as someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages on the forum, or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
- Members are only permitted one account. If you have forgotton your username and wish to create a new account, or you require a secondary account for another family member, please contact admin in the first instance.
- Members are not to post obscene, vulgar, racist, offensive, or illegal posts, links, or images. Any Posts / visitor messages / Private messages / avatars / Photos containing such content will be removed and could lead to a warning or a ban if necessary.
- Abuse of the Private Message system will not be tolerated under any circumstances. This includes sending unsolicited commercial mail via the PM system and sending abusive messages via the PM system. It is also strictly forbidden to reproduce/publicise contents of Private Messages on the open forum without the explicit permission of the sender.
- Advertising of goods for sale is allowed, however, this is limited to the forum entitled "For Sale / Wanted".
- Advertising of private "lease breaks" is allowed. These are to be placed in the "Accommodation Available".
- Before advertising any business or service on PerthPoms.com, contact the administrator. Any posts deemed to be advertising material without the consent of the administrator may be deleted.
- Signatures are a great way of promoting your online business and we encourage their use on the board and within profiles. However, please keep signatures to a maximum of two lines, do not include large images, large text or banners. The only exception to the two line rule is for migration agents who are permitted three lines, due to the requirement to display their Migration Agent Registration Number. One external link to a business website is allowed.
- Posts by Service providers/business members using this function purely to promote their own wares without adding value to the community are likely to be removed and/or edited.
- Property Listings - Please see here