Primary Teacher salary

Hi,

does anyone know the salary for a primary teacher? I will probably do relief teaching to begin with, what is the daily rate for relief cover?

Thanks,

shelley

http://www.det.wa.edu.au/teachingwa/detcms/navigation/working-in-a-public-school/salaries-and-teaching-levels/ is the link to the Dept of Education website page which gives this info.

http://www.sstuwa.org.au/resources/2012-04-11-06-46-18/teachers-general-agreement/8729-schedule-a-salaries is the link to the Union's salary page.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I´ve had a look at the salary scale for primary teachers as I want to get an idea of the salary I could get. Does your overseas experience count? I have 7 years worth from the UK and 3 in Spain. I have emailed the DofE but haven´t had a response yet. Has anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I´ve had a look at the salary scale for primary teachers as I want to get an idea of the salary I could get. Does your overseas experience count? I have 7 years worth from the UK and 3 in Spain. I have emailed the DofE but haven´t had a response yet. Has anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks in advance.

I see that the DoE have changed their website recently and the article addressing your question appears to be missing. However, if you can provide them with a Statement of Service from previous employers that state:

*Title of role you were employed as (ie classroom teacher - ed support teacher etc.)

*Time of employment in a DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY format

*Any days you have had leave without pay - if any

This information needs to be on a letterhead and signed by a person of authority in the school or education authority. I suggest you get this done and then have copies certified. I would expect that if you can provide documentation for your 10 years of primary teaching, that you will go to the top of the pay scale once you have a teaching post.

If you start teaching with D of E before you can provide this information, or before they have processed it, you will be paid at the basic rate. However once they have processed this, you will be back paid to your commencement date of employment.

D of E have a call centre called TeachingWA. email contact is teachingwa@education.wa.edu.au They are normally very good at getting back to you with answers so hope you hear back soon.

I see that the DoE have changed their website recently and the article addressing your question appears to be missing. However, if you can provide them with a Statement of Service from previous employers that state:

*Title of role you were employed as (ie classroom teacher - ed support teacher etc.)

*Time of employment in a DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY format

*Any days you have had leave without pay - if any

Hi,

This is what I had hoped for after researching it myself, I have all the docs ready. I contacted teaching WA on the email you gave about 3 weeks before I cam looking for help here but no response. Perhaps it got lost somewhere and I will give it another go. Have you had personal experience of this? My main concern is that my work in Spain won´t count as it was an international school - I read another post where someone had posted that so just looking for confirmation really.

Appreciate your suggestions and I will come back here and post what TWA say if I get a response.

Hi,

This is what I had hoped for after researching it myself, I have all the docs ready. I contacted teaching WA on the email you gave about 3 weeks before I cam looking for help here but no response. Perhaps it got lost somewhere and I will give it another go. Have you had personal experience of this? My main concern is that my work in Spain won´t count as it was an international school - I read another post where someone had posted that so just looking for confirmation really.

Appreciate your suggestions and I will come back here and post what TWA say if I get a response.

Surprised you havent heard from Teaching WA as I have always found them incredibly quick and helpful. I do know that the government email system only allows a certain number of data to be delivered to inboxes and that some emails "disappear" into the ether. Suggest you try them again. D of E should accept Statements of Service from International Schools and I know for a fact that they have in the past as a friend worked in an international school in Thailand before emigrating and working for D of E and they accepted that experience for her. be good to hear how you get on.

Surprised you havent heard from Teaching WA as I have always found them incredibly quick and helpful. I do know that the government email system only allows a certain number of data to be delivered to inboxes and that some emails "disappear" into the ether. Suggest you try them again. D of E should accept Statements of Service from International Schools and I know for a fact that they have in the past as a friend worked in an international school in Thailand before emigrating and working for D of E and they accepted that experience for her. be good to hear how you get on.

That´s comforting to hear so thanks for that! I emailed them again yesterday so will post reply when they get back to me.